Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
More or less, the same thing as a Posi traction unit. Yeah, you know, when you get stuck in the mud down there in Alabama, and only one wheel spins. This eliminates that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anti-spin or limited slip. I know what limited slip and positive traction are. The Sticker says anti-spin and some stickers say limited slip, implying they are not the same.

·
Registered
940 Posts
They all do the same thing just in a different ways with different names. Locker, Spool or mini spool is not good for street use.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
ESP will do the same thing, albeit electronically.The threshold on my 2010 is high enough to allow me to do mini burnouts which are necessary as my track does not have room to drive around the water box. If I approached the tree and was dripping water on the track they would let me know about it, asI found out the one time I left my AC on and had to serve a 30 minute time out for that error.

·
Registered
515 Posts
One thing that often confuses people about this is that the Anti Spin rear is standard with manuals but an option with automatics. If you upgrade to automatic you need to add the rear as well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a question that maybe someone can answer, my '13 R/T Classic has the A5 transmission & the Anti-Spin differential (finned case as noted above) several weeks ago I got the car in a spot that the drivers side rear tire was barely off the ground, it just spun, the car would not move forward (I have 3 RWD Chevys with posi rears & have never had any trouble like this with them), I had to back up to get the power to go to the passenger side wheel. Does this sound like maybe there's a problem inside the rearend? I bought the car new & have 5500 miles on it.

thanks for any help

1 - 8 of 8 Posts