Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hello everybody!
i hope I’m posting correctly but I’m in need of some kinda guidance! I really just got into challengers just always have loved how they looked but never got my own.. So i have a 2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus, and it literally has a mind of its own SOMETIMES! When I’m driving along (could go a couple of days without doing it) all the dash board lights will illuminate.. The ABS light, The brake light, it will say service park assist system. Pretty much every light that can come on the dash will come on! Then when you turn off the car it will not start UNTIL you give it like 2 hours then it will crank right up and you won’t have the issue anymore for another few days (who knows) I replaced the alternator and battery thinking i was losing charging but unfortunately this did not help! Has anybody had this issue and what was the problem? My car runs like a dream so I’m hoping it can be fixed! PLEASE HELP

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
6,599 Posts
Has there been any work done on the car recently (since before problem first appeared)?

Check the PCM harness plug and make sure it’s tightly coupled with PCM. Same for BCM.

Reactions: BankrollBreee

·
Premium Member
6,599 Posts
BTW, if at some point you decide you have to punt and take it into the dealership to have them diagnose it, you’ll save yourself some hassle by putting the original alternator back on it.

Otherwise they may treat you an ISP does when you have your own modem and call in complaining of poor download speeds - they’ll say it is due to CPE*!!

*(Customer Provided Equipment)

·
Registered
2014 Shaker Boosted 392 Stroker M6
2,586 Posts
The first thing I'd do is look for recalls for your ride on the Mopar website.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I got a key fob programmed for it because the key that i was using was not able to lock and unlock the doors so i went and got a key from the dealership.. Thats the only electronic work i had done to the car on my end after i purchased it and saw this issue occuring..

Has there been any work done on the car recently (since before problem first appeared)?

Check the PCM harness plug and make sure it’s tightly coupled with PCM. Same for BCM.

·
Premium Member
6,599 Posts
I got a key fob programmed for it because the key that i was using was not able to lock and unlock the doors so i went and got a key from the dealership.. Thats the only electronic work i had done to the car on my end after i purchased it and saw this issue occuring..
What about non electronic service? I’m not thinking something was done incorrectly so much as I am there might be unintended consequences of a mechanical service done.

For example, if you were to say the right side upper control arm was replaced at some point before all this, I’d say there was a possibility the PCM’s wiring harness could have been accidentally contacted and misaligned or partially unplugged since the PCM is mounted in the way of the rear bolt holding that control arm in place.

·
Registered
7 Posts
What about non electronic service? I’m not thinking something was done incorrectly so much as I am there might be unintended consequences of a mechanical service done.

For example, if you were to say the right side upper control arm was replaced at some point before all this, I’d say there was a possibility the PCM’s wiring harness could have been accidentally contacted and misaligned or partially unplugged since the PCM is mounted in the way of the rear bolt holding that control arm in place.
I had my front lower control arms replaced... I actually ended up getting it started my dad had to tighten up the red connection that can be used to jump it off the pole was loose the one under the hood.. I haven’t seen the issue anymore SO FAR! But I’m going to keep a close eye.. THANK YOU FOR THE RESPONSE ❤

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,849 Posts
I had my front lower control arms replaced... I actually ended up getting it started my dad had to tighten up the red connection that can be used to jump it off the pole was loose the one under the hood.. I haven’t seen the issue anymore SO FAR! But I’m going to keep a close eye.. THANK YOU FOR THE RESPONSE ❤
Thanks for the follow up, might help others.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello everybody!
i hope I’m posting correctly but I’m in need of some kinda guidance! I really just got into challengers just always have loved how they looked but never got my own.. So i have a 2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus, and it literally has a mind of its own SOMETIMES! When I’m driving along (could go a couple of days without doing it) all the dash board lights will illuminate.. The ABS light, The brake light, it will say service park assist system. Pretty much every light that can come on the dash will come on! Then when you turn off the car it will not start UNTIL you give it like 2 hours then it will crank right up and you won’t have the issue anymore for another few days (who knows) I replaced the alternator and battery thinking i was losing charging but unfortunately this did not help! Has anybody had this issue and what was the problem? My car runs like a dream so I’m hoping it can be fixed! PLEASE HELP

View attachment 995561
Check your fuse box.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everybody!

View attachment 995561
Just had this problem. Loose wire in the fuse box.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts