Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So you want to drive a real life Hot Wheels car? well in 2013 you will be able to with the new 2013 Camaro Hot Wheels edition. I know some here are strictly Mopar but I got to give props to GM the car looks pretty good for a Camaro.
You can read more here.
Chevy to introduce Hot Wheels-badged 2013 Chevy Camaro | Michigan Business | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

P.S. as a former HW's collector I can say I like the idea but it's still no Challenger lol here is a link to my collection pics shortly before I sold it to buy my Challenger.
Pictures by mitchellstoys - Photobucket

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Wow, how many HW's were in your collection?

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Nice collection of Hot Wheels

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
I was always a Chevy guy. If GM had done more of a retro look on the Camaro, I would've purchased it. The Hot Wheels edition looks good & you had a helluva collection. :thup:

·
Premium Member
2,943 Posts
This type of thing is one of the reasons I didn't buy the Camaro. I just don't care for the special kids edition stuff (Transformers, etc). Some do and that is fine.

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
This type of thing is one of the reasons I didn't buy the Camaro. I just don't care for the special kids edition stuff (Transformers, etc). Some do and that is fine.
It's their target market - which is why they didn't go completely retro with the design. It's really rather forward thinking, because they were able to attract multi-generational consumers.
Let's face it, for the most part, Challenger owners are older & the design has to change to attract younger buyers.
:saythat:

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

·
Premium Member
766 Posts
I kinda like it, but if I were to buy it, I'd immediately strip the badges. I liked stripes off the last Transformers car, but again, would tear off the badges.

That said, it's smart marketing, folks. Unfortunately for us, on the whole, younger people don't give a rat's a$$ about muscle cars. The few that are into cars are into imports. So, you get 'em young. Transformers did a great job of that.

I used to sell Chevy's for a short time and young kids would practically vibrate when they saw a yellow Camaro sitting in the showroom. Why? Transformers.

I like Detroit muscle. Say bah-humbug all you want, but I say that Ford, GM and Chrysler should do whatever they've got to do to keep these cars on the road!

·
Registered
576 Posts
I kinda like it, but if I were to buy it, I'd immediately strip the badges. I liked stripes off the last Transformers car, but again, would tear off the badges.

That said, it's smart marketing, folks. Unfortunately for us, on the whole, younger people don't give a rat's a$$ about muscle cars. The few that are into cars are into imports. So, you get 'em young. Transformers did a great job of that.

I used to sell Chevy's for a short time and young kids would practically vibrate when they saw a yellow Camaro sitting in the showroom. Why? Transformers.

I like Detroit muscle. Say bah-humbug all you want, but I say that Ford, GM and Chrysler should do whatever they've got to do to keep these cars on the road!
I just so happen to be one of those young people that are into cars. I'm 24 and I've loved cars for as long as I can remember. I love them so much I collect hot wheels lol. But I'm a MOPAR girl through and through. Every car I've owned 4 dodges in a row slowly working my way up through the lineup lol. I fell in love with the transformers Camaro simply because I love a yellow car. It killed me that it had to be Chevy. That's why when I was driving down the hwy and saw the yellow jacket it didn't really surprise my husband that 45 minutes later we were driving away in it lol!

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Registered
193 Posts
Been all about the Mopar's since I fell in love with American Iron as a teenager, but it's a shame about the current iteration of Mustang and Camaro insofar as looks.

I will say if they brought back the Chevelle SS as faithfully as the Challenger I'd tear my soul apart debating swapping out the Challenger.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts