Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been reading a lot about not turning the key off when installing a tune. I would like to know if this is still the way to do it on a 2013. Thanks

1,931 Posts
You can use the push button but easier to use the key. Just keep your foot off the brake so it wont start....push button twice to get to run...once to turn off.....and don't hold the button down..

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can use the push button but easier to use the key. Just keep your foot off the brake so it wont start....push button twice to get to run...once to turn off.....and don't hold the button down..
Thanks for the reply but my question is, do I turn the ignition on and off when prompted, or just leave it on. I have read that when cycling the key, the push to start will not work after the tune is installed.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Tuned my 13 RT, and did not experience the same problems the guys tuning the earlier models did. I turned the key off when prompted and the tunes loaded just fine.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Tuned my 13 RT, and did not experience the same problems the guys tuning the earlier models did. I turned the key off when prompted and the tunes loaded just fine.
Loaded fine for me also. I was worried it would brick the car

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks everyone for the help. I installed the tune using with the key on/off method, and all is well. When it stops raining, I will go out and check out the improvements. :icon_cheers:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts