Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so there is a lot of info/ how to's/ service data out there on how to diy fluid/filter change on the auto lx trans... i fully understand that all the refill measurements are heat related..requiring some kind of measuring device for heat and mm of fluid level... what im not understanding is why cant a car that has been sitting all week, "cold", be checked by some primitive tool, drop pan/filter/re install and fill to that cold non -running level??? or drain and capture fluid, and refill that amount??? why is this not safe??? what came out goes in??? did that much fluid burn/ evaporate/ disappear in a closed system??? BTW said car sits for weeks on end...i can drain/replace and let it sit another week if that's what it takes to not take to dealership/spend coin on required tools/manuals...any input greatly appreciated!!!

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
8,501 Posts
The answers you seek are protected secrets and shall not be allowed to fall into the hands of mere mortals like us, lest we be allowed to do our own work, thereby robbing the dealerships of some of their service income.

In all seriousness though, you're not the 1st one to ask such obvious questions, but for all our sakes, I hope you are the 1st one to get some answers finally.

Nuke

1 - 4 of 4 Posts