Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!
been lurking & learning on here since last fall, when I picked up a "new to us" R/T Classic for my wife. Car came from the Seattle area: 1 owner, super clean (garage kept), 44.5 K miles, 5.7 Auto, STP, sunroof, etc. and every other option in the book (other than the Block heater, at least as far as I can tell). A total cream puff, and what a killer car!! The owner added the Mopar CAI, a set of Flowmasters, and window tinting to complete the "sounds wicked & looks sinister" aura it has. :)

As my Wife says, "it's like driving Butter". Now I just wish my '70 'Cuda could drive and handle like this one does!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!
Glad to be here. I have a mechanical question regarding the 5.7, and will go post that as soon as I get home shortly.

Also, got to spend 9 days with a new (600 miles) 2018 SXT V6 last Month. So impressed with that 3.6!! Makes me want one. (no, really!).

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,761 Posts
Welcome from California ;) A little known forum rule states that if you mention you have a '70 'Cuda, you must post pictures :)

A Guy

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
10,067 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome from California ;) A little known forum rule states that if you mention you have a '70 'Cuda, you must post pictures :)

A Guy
How true!
Okay, let's see if I can get a pic to upload. :)

True AAR, owned it since '89. Originally Alpine White, and had a 440 in it when I got it, so I built it up with the 6-BBL. Engine bay shot is old (car had/has been stored for 10 years, and I've been working on getting it road worthy again), now has MSD 6-A ignition. Auto Tranny with a Fairbanks reverse pattern, manual valve body, (great fun with the B&M Quicksilver shifter), 3.23 Sure-Grip.

Although it had been drag/street raced all over the PNW, I have reverted it to "road car" status. Now I just need to get out and drive it!!

Attachments

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Welcome aboard! :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you!

Part of my "reasoning" in getting the R/T for my Wife was "ok, if I want to drive a nice car too, I need to get off my ass and make it happen". I'm just waiting for things to warm up a bit more, and then I have a new Stainless fuel tank/pickup and lines waiting to go in it. Also had the outboard carbs throttle shafts bushed, and need to put them back on. Hopefully that'll get her to idle steadily again without "wandering idle" issues.
Then, on to the front brakes, and drive time!>:)

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts