Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up guys I wanna get a ZEX kit but I have no idea where to start. I want to get a full kit with a window switch. Can anyone recommend what kit should I buy, how big should the shot be, do I need a new throttle body, and where I would fill up if anyone knows (Staten Island, NY). The details are a 2013 R/T with a LMI Frankentake IV intake and a Hurst shifter. I don't know if that matters but I figured I would include it :SM030:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Get the zex kit. Personally I love the look of nitrous so I wouldn't get the blackout kit and try to hide it. You need to figure out where you are going to mount the bottles I would say the trunk, but if you are trying to hide it you could put it where the spare tire is. Also I would get colder plugs. 1 step colder maybe 1.5. You also need to think on where you want to mount your switches. Nitrous outlet sells switches for both the coin holder and the alot next to your cup holder. You don't need this right off hand, but it will help later on if you add a bottle heater, purge, or an automatic opener. We ran a 75 shot and a 100shot without a tune on my dads 392 then bumped to a 150 with a tune, but I'd play it safe and get a tune for a 100 or 125 shot. Nitrous is a lot of fun. Also when you find a place to fill it make sure you freeze your bottles 24hours in advance. We have had the best quality nitrous from doing that. Not sure why but I'm sticking with it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow thanks for the quick answer Gunpowder. Do you know if the sell a kit with the bottle warmer, purge and automatic opener all in one? Is ZEX the best option IYO or should I also look into NOS if they are all the same?

·
Registered
276 Posts
I've only worked with zex. The guy that recommended them was a big zex fan. Speed logix has a kit if I remember with all of the above. Also if you are doing shows I'd get a billet bottle holder.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I have to rear seat delete kit so I am mounting my bottle there so I can open it up from the driver seat if I need to. I am also trying to figure out where to mount my switches...maybe on the center console..but I like putting my wallet and cell phone there so that may not work. Lol My fiancé thinks I'm crazy for adding juice to my 2012 car...she's into honda imports so what does she know!? Lol

·
Registered
594 Posts
I say the coin holder in the front under the radio. Nitrous express made it. There you have the wallet holder and a clean place for switches
Just found it $59.99 thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I know that this thread is almost a year old, but what wire did you tap into for the TPS? I seen a light brown with an orange stripe and a blackish wire with a orange stripe...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is the wire that I was told to use by ZEX due to each year having slight color differences. This is the wire to use for a 2013 R/T. This wire works perfectly.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
This is the wire that I was told to use by ZEX due to each year having slight color differences. This is the wire to use for a 2013 R/T. This wire works perfectly.

Thanks!!! So that looks like the one that I am hooked up to....

Second one from the bottom when plugged in, correct?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That I have no idea about but as long as the color matches up your fine. Just make sure you test it without any of the lines hooked up that way you don't get a 40 psi jet of gas all over the inside of your intake.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts