Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has a Plum purple R/T and I ordered a front cover but,wanting to get some guards (mud flaps)-We are having issues with love bugs down here on the gulf coast and also our roads suck.I see several different ones yall talk about on here but,wondering to go with the mopar ones..Now as for as the seal under the hood at the front edge,ours tore.Do any of you know a part number or where I can find a seal at?----She does drive this car to work and back ,she loves this thing more than me-lolo.--About a month ago we noticed all her tires on the inside was split.We have 39,000 miles on it and the tires look good on the outside and the tread looked ok as well.Just the inside was crazy split in several places.This car isnt hot rodded or anything like that(the dang thang cost out the ying yang).The guys from good year said they were stress cracks and we paid a pro rate and they came off almost 100.00 each.They will be inspected every 6 months.I hate I got off topic here but,just wondered if yall had any issues like we have.The tires were F1 supercar tires.I do appreciate any help that yall can shed for me here.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Go with the mopar mudflaps. Contact steve white parts ( luke) he is a vendor here. He can help with the seal and flaps.
Over 30 k on f1 supercar tires is exelent, your wife defiantly not hotroding.!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Go with the mopar mudflaps. Contact steve white parts ( luke) he is a vendor here. He can help with the seal and flaps.
Over 30 k on f1 supercar tires is exelent, your wife defiantly not hotroding.!
Awesome thank you so much for your help.Yeah she babies that thing.We also have a little issue with the rubber on the outside of the window.It has build up and I have tried a few things to clean them but,not working.--On the tires ,if she just drives it on a daily basis then should we look into getting a different tire?

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
You might try some rubbing alcohol 90% isopropyl on the rubber then treat it with a good protectant, I like lexol vinylex.There are a lot of better tires than the F1. Keep in mind they are a 10 year old design.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You might try some rubbing alcohol 90% isopropyl on the rubber then treat it with a good protectant, I like lexol vinylex.There are a lot of better tires than the F1. Keep in mind they are a 10 year old design.
Cool deal I sure will try the alcohol.I havent tried that yet.I heard of the lexol and will get some of it.--I didnt know about the tires being 10 years old on the design.I will have to get with the guys at gy on them.-I really do thank you and appreciate your time with me on this.Oh I did send a PM to luke and will try to call them again tomorrow being a holiday.

·
Registered
734 Posts
My wife has a Plum purple R/T and I ordered a front cover but,wanting to get some guards (mud flaps)-We are having issues with love bugs down here on the gulf coast and also our roads suck.I see several different ones yall talk about on here but,wondering to go with the mopar ones..Now as for as the seal under the hood at the front edge,ours tore.Do any of you know a part number or where I can find a seal at?----She does drive this car to work and back ,she loves this thing more than me-lolo.--About a month ago we noticed all her tires on the inside was split.We have 39,000 miles on it and the tires look good on the outside and the tread looked ok as well.Just the inside was crazy split in several places.This car isnt hot rodded or anything like that(the dang thang cost out the ying yang).The guys from good year said they were stress cracks and we paid a pro rate and they came off almost 100.00 each.They will be inspected every 6 months.I hate I got off topic here but,just wondered if yall had any issues like we have.The tires were F1 supercar tires.I do appreciate any help that yall can shed for me here.
Hey Kenny,

I like the mud guards that RPI sells. The Mopars (IMO) are too blocky.
Mud Splash Guards - https://www.rpidesigns.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=1558

Here's the link with the how-to on the hood seal along with links to purchase. https://www.facebook.com/pg/PnwDodgeChallenger/photos/?tab=album&album_id=709315192474001

·
Registered
2012 R/T
108 Posts
Too little too late, but the RPI splash guards are not worth the $50 you pay for them. They do work, but they crack and flop all over the place every time you wash the car.

The Mopar ones aren't worth $150 either, but they are better quality than the RPI. Either way, they are all better then the road rash you get without them.

·
Registered
512 Posts

·
Registered
2012 R/T
108 Posts
Yep. They got cheaper. I'll be getting some...

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,644 Posts
I paid $70 and free shipping on Amazon (sorry Luke :) )

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,644 Posts
PM coming

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,644 Posts
Those are for 2015+, they have a different profile than the 2014 and earlier.
Ahhh, but I said I got mine for $70, and you asked for a link ;) I did not look for your year. Another PM coming. Not $70, but I suspect as low as you will find them. A Guy

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,644 Posts
PM coming

A Guy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts