Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On cold mornings. Usually 50 or below. I will only hear a click when trying to start the car with the push button and while trying manual with the fob. Sometimes it will finally turn over and start after 3x and other times it may take 10x. The car has a new battery, the key fobs have new batteries, I have installed a new relay, and the dealer has re-programmed the fobs with the win module. Just wondering what the most common problem is to determine what to replace next. Was thinking of getting a "new" starter and all of the connections/grounds seem tight.

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy- GONE :-(
4,713 Posts
Battery. Classic symptom. Check voltage before starting, and with door open/lights on. I bet it is under 12.
How old is the battery?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Like I said. Brand new battery. When it decides to crank it fires right up. When I press the push start button in the mornings you can hear it clicking. Like a solenoid isn't kicking in fully. During the entire summer I had not one issue. Last time it did this was in April. Last time it was cold. I've tried pushing the brake pedal harder and messing with the shifter to make sure it's fully in park also.

·
Registered
2011 SXT Built in the Canada Plant
2,582 Posts
New Battery does not mean it has the full Charge and a Battery needs more Cold Cranking amps than when the temperature is warmer. If you read on here there is a few others saying got a new Battery but car is not wanting to start. If a battery has been setting too long on a Shelf, Warehouse etc., they can have issues. Put a Meter on the Battery and Check, the voltage also have you checked the Recalls on the car for the Alternator?

·
Registered
2020 SPS, M6, Go Mango
521 Posts
It's uncommon, but not unheard of for new batteries to be DOA, or just hasn't gotten a good charge yet like others said.

Check it with a volt meter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts