Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2013 SXT that was supposed to have a NAV system but all I get when I hit the NAV button is a blank black screen. Can anyone tell me if the original system was installed via DVD or flashed by the dealer? It doesn't have a DVD in the unit.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,711 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) Did the car come with Nav? It could just be the head unit is Nav capable, but never purchased. Try to see if your Window Sticker is still available. If not, the Build Sheet should be

Do you know what software version it's on?

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
17,238 Posts
the Media Center 430 / 430N were two different touch screen systems - the navigation wasn't something that could be added to the base 430 unit, you have to get the 430N to have that function

it was possible on the RA3 8.4" uConnect systems that were offered on various models '13 - '16 and '15/ '16 on Challengers when it was offered on the LA series.

From '17 onward, it was back to having the appropriate head unit that was built with Nav, couldn't be added afterward like the prior years

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was able to get the following information from the build sheet:
Uconnect® 430N SAT/CD/DVD/MP3/HDD/NAV $595
Garmin® Navigation System
SiriusXM Travel Link/1Yr Travel Link Subscription
Here's the software info:

Text Technology

Looks to me like the nav system was activated when the car was first sold and the original owner said it was also. I thought that once it was paid for and activated it stayed with the car, is that true? Do I have a case for a dealership reloading the nav system?.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,711 Posts
Once you have Nav, it does stay activated with no fees. The only thing that would be additional would be map updates, at least with Uconnect. Not sure if that applied to Garmin

A Guy

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RE: My 2013 Dodge Challenger+ equipped with a Uconnect 430N SAT/CD/DVD/MP3/HDD/NAV Garmin Navigation System and Sirius Travel Link. When the soft NAV icon is pressed a blank black screen is displayed and the radio never progresses past that. I subscribed to Sirius radio and it functions fully. I have also subscribed to Travel Link and when called up it displays a message stating "Travel Link Data is downloading - Please Wait". It never progresses past that point, even after having the radio refreshed several times. Has anyone encountered this problem in the past and do you have any advice for resolving the problem? I'm trying to figure out if it's a hardware or a software problem. Garmin & Uconnect refer me to the dealership since I can't provide the 10 digit NAV Unit ID. The dealership wants $160.00 to troubleshoot which would include an update if that's needed but anything else would be at an extra charge. I've tried the Uconnect upgrade through the system USB port but I keep getting a message telling me to put a thumb drive in the usb port and try again. I've tried several different thumb drives and get the same result. HELP!!!

·
Premium Member
2,989 Posts
RE: My 2013 Dodge Challenger+ equipped with a Uconnect 430N SAT/CD/DVD/MP3/HDD/NAV Garmin Navigation System and Sirius Travel Link. When the soft NAV icon is pressed a blank black screen is displayed and the radio never progresses past that. I subscribed to Sirius radio and it functions fully. I have also subscribed to Travel Link and when called up it displays a message stating "Travel Link Data is downloading - Please Wait". It never progresses past that point, even after having the radio refreshed several times. Has anyone encountered this problem in the past and do you have any advice for resolving the problem? I'm trying to figure out if it's a hardware or a software problem. Garmin & Uconnect refer me to the dealership since I can't provide the 10 digit NAV Unit ID. The dealership wants $160.00 to troubleshoot which would include an update if that's needed but anything else would be at an extra charge. I've tried the Uconnect upgrade through the system USB port but I keep getting a message telling me to put a thumb drive in the usb port and try again. I've tried several different thumb drives and get the same result. HELP!!!
The head unit isn't difficult to pull out. There should be a sticker on it that has the 10 digit ID number. You'll have to pry the plastic cover from around the radio off, then after that. it's only 4 Phillip screws.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the reply. I'm getting ready to pull the radio. After doing a lot of research I think the NAV board in the radio might be defective. I need to verify that the Sirius XM radio signal and the Sirius Travel Link signal are on different boards since one works (XM) and one doesn't. It would be logical if the NAV and Travel Link were tied together since they both utilize GPS..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts