Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,294 Posts
Hard to beat the Bilstein B6s, but the Sachs Performance dampers are basically OEM units, so those are nice and affordable if you like the stock damper performance of that car.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am ignorant about shocks. I apologize. What is the "damper performance"? Is the 2013 RT Classic self leveling? I would like a performance shock that gioves a good ride.

·
Premium Member
5,294 Posts
Damper == the shock or shock-like part of a strut (a strut is the shock plus the coil spring; but you will be just buying the damper part of the struts up front; no struts in rear; shocks only in rear).

If you like how your car handled with the stock shocks/struts (aka dampers), you can replace them with almost identical units by buying Sachs brand replacements for your car (with the Performance suspension).

If you want to upgrade the stiffness and secure the corners and bumps a little more, you can go with Bilstein brand dampers, their B6 line is what these cars take. These will cost you though, over 2x what the Sach units will.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Damper == the shock or shock-like part of a strut (a strut is the shock plus the coil spring; but you will be just buying the damper part of the struts up front; no struts in rear; shocks only in rear).

If you like how your car handled with the stock shocks/struts (aka dampers), you can replace them with almost identical units by buying Sachs brand replacements for your car (with the Performance suspension).

If you want to upgrade the stiffness and secure the corners and bumps a little more, you can go with Bilstein brand dampers, their B6 line is what these cars take. These will cost you though, over 2x what the Sach units will.

Thank you. I want a good ride and performance.

·
Premium Member
5,294 Posts
Thank you. I want a good ride and performance.
The stock Performance suspension on the R/Ts provides that IMHO. So the Sachs units I mention are plenty adequate to meet that requirement. The Bilstein will be less forgiving on the bumps (harsher jounces in some cases) but should keep the car level a little better (less body roll, less nose dives at stops, less squatting at launches).

There’s a reason the R/Ts come with (basically) the Sachs stock and the SRTs come with the Bilsteins stock - they (Bilstein) are a more expensive upgrade for a more performant ride.

·
Super Moderator
14,812 Posts
2014 R/T Shakers all came with Super Track Pack suspension as standard equipment.

it a more performance oriented suspension over what the standard R/T suspension was for that year

·
Registered
355 Posts
I am getting the Bilstein B12 (Pro Kit) installed on my ride. Part No. BILSTEIN 46-234360. Current stock suspension has been on since birth (2013) and has 50k miles on it. Figure it was time to replace it. It will lower the car a little, 1/2" in the front and 1" in the rear. Probably wont get it done until April when it gets a little warmer. KW Coilovers are probably a better choice, but I don't want to deal with making adjustments, etc... Just set and forget.

·
Premium Member
5,294 Posts
You’ll like that Bilstein kit, they make a damned fine product and these LX/LC cars really do well them installed in place of the stock stuff.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts