Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a 2013 RT on 20x275s all around and I can't decide between going with the Eibach pro kit or the sportline kit. I keep looking at different pictures but none of them are consistent, they all show different amount of space between the wheels and I can't get a clear baseline for what either of them would truly look like. I want to drop the car enough to get rid of the massive amount of wheel gap but I still want roughly an inch to an inch and a half of space. I'm also worried about scraping issues as it is my daily. Thanks for any help!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,644 Posts
Generally speaking, the Pros will drop you approx. 1.4" front and 1.7" rear Personally, I think this is what you want

The Sportlines will drop you 2" front 2.1" rear. These could be an issue, and almost assuredly will need other parts to get correct alignment.

Here are some comparisons, every car will differ some.

2010 SE with Pro

2011 SE Pro.jpg

2010 RT with Sportline

2010 RT Sporline.jpg

I would have liked Sportlines on my car, but didn't want the added expense to get it aligned. Nor to worry about scraping. Mine just aligned with the Pros

I do think for looks, the Sportlines look better

A Guy

Reactions: xJeD

·
Super Moderator
16,210 Posts
do we know what more parts are needed to align with the sportlines?
You'd need adjustable upper control arms (aftermarket - no OEM ones have adjustment)

and eccentric bushings for the rear control arms to allow camber adjustment.

the '11+ have negative camber designed in the OEM setup, when you lower it (especially 2") you're beyond the outer limits for camber, which would result in far greater tire wear.

Reactions: elitechallenger

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know it’s beneficial to get all new shocks and strucks and things like that but you you absolutely NEED to when you put the springs on? Can I wait a few months until I have more money to spend or does it all need to be done at once?

·
Super Moderator
16,210 Posts
I know it’s beneficial to get all new shocks and strucks and things like that but you you absolutely NEED to when you put the springs on? Can I wait a few months until I have more money to spend or does it all need to be done at once?
The rears - you could do that afterward easily.

The fronts - since its a strut style shock - it would be doing the job 2x - not a wise investment, especially if you're paying for the installation.

Frankly, I wouldn't want to have do to the job twice - and I'm capable of doing the work myself.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the help guys, I decided to go with the Pro kit because I don't really want to worry about scraping and in my opinion the sportline looks a bit too low in some cases. Hope they look and ride good!

·
Super Moderator
16,210 Posts
You'll be pleased - if your R/T has the standard (non STP) suspension - you'll notice way less body roll and float.

I had the Sportlines on the '09 R/T I used to have - the major thing was really tall speedbumps - had to go slow over those - otherwise the studs sticking down from the trans crossmember would scrape.

Going in and out of driveways to parking lots that were steep angles - you'd go at an angle to keep from scraping the front spoiler [ask any Corvette owner and they're familiar with that trick].

The Pro will give you that additional clearance of a bit more than 1/4" over the Sportlines.

PS: do look at getting new front shocks - as I mentioned in the prior post. You can do the rears pretty easily afterwards if trying to keep the budget in line.

Reactions: xJeD

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alright so I just got the Pro kit installed and got it back tonight. I'm extremely happy with the front as it seems to have dropped the full 1.5 inches. The back on the other hand has dropped about half an inch right now. When we first brought it off the lift it didn't go down from stock at all and driving it out of the shop lowered it that little bit but now it's sitting at home and I it's defiantly only half an inch lower than stock. Will this go down more over the next week or so of driving or will I just have that kinda awkward stance in the back, is there anything I can do about this?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,644 Posts
Generally springs don't settle, they may seat in the mount more, but I don't expect you'll get much more drop unless they are bound somehow. It's unusual not to get at least a 1" drop with Eibach Pro. A Guy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hmm okay, The guy I brought it to was not able to install the $70 alignment kit that looks to be more of a camber kit to me especially since it's only in the rear. Would this have anything to do with it? I'm planning on getting these installed soon anyway an I'd hope they'd fix the problem.

·
Super Moderator
16,210 Posts
Alright so I just got the Pro kit installed and got it back tonight. I'm extremely happy with the front as it seems to have dropped the full 1.5 inches. The back on the other hand has dropped about half an inch right now. When we first brought it off the lift it didn't go down from stock at all and driving it out of the shop lowered it that little bit but now it's sitting at home and I it's defiantly only half an inch lower than stock. Will this go down more over the next week or so of driving or will I just have that kinda awkward stance in the back, is there anything I can do about this?
Generally its raked so that the front is a bit lower than the rear. When you have rear passengers and substantial cargo - it would ride mostly level then.

That's better than the old days when most cars had softer rate springs and it would ride low in the back w/ rear passengers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts