Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Backstory.....

So I got the new RT/C in PCP, all well and good, but it came with white stripes, which are not to my taste, I don't like the look of the black classic side stripes, on the Plum Crazy either,, just- not right to me. It looks awesome on Hemi Org though, but not on PCP.

Thinking about a new stripe, yellow jacket style with 'PLUM 345' words? Nope
Strobe stripe? - Too 'cuda.
Mopar 14 stripe in matte blk? - yea, but, uh, No.

Then I was watching Graveyard cars, Mark was doing a '70 PC Challenger RT, with a sunroof, back to factory OEM.
Bang! it clicked- That's what I needed! Mopar 'T' hood stripe, R/T side badges, Red HEMI inlays to copy the red Magnum / Hemi hood emblems they came with, and just for some added fun, some Scat Pack 1/4 window decals. And carbon fiber spoiler- bought used here, but in perfect condition- thanks 1sickplum!

Nice part is the price- got everything except the spoiler for under 200 bucks!

Check it out-- what do you think?

:burnout:

Reactions: MSP5657 and wasp392

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Looks good. Where did you get the hood stripe?

Company called Promotorstripes, they're mainly a Flea-bay operation. But they do a lot of work, look at their selection. stripe fit perfect, 3M material, secret is in the solution you mix, 'just' enough soap to make the stripe 'float'. Front piece, had to cut just up the center on the front vertical, 2d onto a 3d surface, massaged with a hair dryer and the squeegee paddle. 3 hour job. 69 bucks..... nuf said!

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I believe the SRT 6.1 uses the same stripe but in carbon fiber.

That would look best to go with the spoiler

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I believe the SRT 6.1 uses the same stripe but in carbon fiber.

That would look best to go with the spoiler

Positivity! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
535 Posts
You either need more carbon fiber or paint the rear wing flat black

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
If your really going to go full Anti-bling you can't have a carbon fiber look to the rear spoiler and the shiny wheels have to go too!!

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Maybe i should of been more specific, basically this is a homage to the ORIGINAL 1970 Challenger R/T as factory built and restored, via Graveyard cars- via Dodge- via Mopar. If you don't like the car, you must not be Mopar guys. And if you don't like carbon fiber, i don't know what to tell you.......

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
To the OP- Your car is Freakin Awesome!!!!! :woot:

·
Registered
598 Posts
Maybe i should of been more specific, basically this is a homage to the ORIGINAL 1970 Challenger R/T as factory built and restored, via Graveyard cars- via Dodge- via Mopar. If you don't like the car, you must not be Mopar guys. And if you don't like carbon fiber, i don't know what to tell you.......
Looks sharp

SRT8 6.1 doesn't use the same stripe, it's split in the middle. This stripe on this purple car is as a '70 would have had.

I would have put the fender emblems with "Challenger" on top if the belt line & "R/T" below the belt line as the '70 was. Also not a fan of carbon fiber on my muscle cars, kind of a tuner thing to me. If I were to replicate a old R/T I would do a '70 Go-Wing instead of a T/A wing & switch the 'cuda exhaust tips for split Challenger R/T ones & not the late model style, they miss the mark a little.

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
Looks good...Put the "345" on the cowl next to "Hemi"

Backstory.....

So I got the new RT/C in PCP, all well and good, but it came with white stripes, which are not to my taste, I don't like the look of the black classic side stripes, on the Plum Crazy either,, just- not right to me. It looks awesome on Hemi Org though, but not on PCP.

Then I was watching Graveyard cars, Mark was doing a '70 PC Challenger RT, with a sunroof, back to factory OEM.
Bang! it clicked- That's what I needed! Mopar 'T' hood stripe, R/T side badges, Red HEMI inlays to copy the red Magnum / Hemi hood emblems they came with, and just for some added fun, some Scat Pack 1/4 window decals. And carbon fiber spoiler- bought used here, but in perfect condition- thanks 1sickplum!

That is where is traditionally was. That is where it looks good. Your car has traditional looks....

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A mis-matched flat black hood with a carbon fiber spoiler would bother me..but as long as you like it.
So just to educate you, It's not required for the hood stripe to match the spoiler. they are not sold matched as a pair.The SRT8 and the RT's have a body color spoiler, and either black, red, white or silver stripes. So it's not mismatched, according to the factory. It is, however real Carbon Fiber, and very light. I love it!
Thank you for your observations.

:woot:

·
Registered
305 Posts
Backstory.....

love PCP. has a nice blue-purple reflection in the right light. I personally like white stripes, but dont care for R/T stripes. I like the SRT stripes. regardless, the black spoiler put it all together well. Looks great

·
Registered
274 Posts
As long as you like the look, that's all it matters. Looks good. Maybe black wheels, but again, looks good, awesome color. By the way, where did you get the scat pack decal, looks cool.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
1 - 20 of 21 Posts