Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally starting my build log this is actually my first and also my first go at running active!!! I will start with the Equipment list that is going to be used:

Source: Pioneer 4000-NEX
DSP: Audison BitOne
Tweet: Illusion Audio Beryllium Copper (Pillar or Door) TBD
Full Range: Hybrid Audio L3SE (Dash Location) TBD
Midbass: Illusion Audio C8 (Door)
Amplifiers: Audison 5.1k 5 Channel X 2
Subs: Illusion Audio C12XL X 2
Enclosure: Will be 4th order design
Sound Deadening: RoadKill, Focal BAM and BlackHole Tiles
Wiring: Hooker Audio

The enclosure is the first part of the build I'm tackling. I have debated back and fourth on how to run the Illusion C12XL's all the people I have spoken to said to run them sealed. Well all my past setup were sealed I wanted to go a different route. So why not try to utilize the the nice opening that we Challenger owners have in our rear deck!!!
Figure a 4th order design would fit the bill.. Here are pics of the enclosure build:

Attachments

·
Registered
610 Posts
nice handywork

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Cabron I hope to have both doors and rear deck deaden this weekend I will start on baffles for Illusion C8's and Hybrid L3se's. Wish I had more time but work has been taking the best of me..

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Car is repaired back on the install again got the drivers side door deaden and tiled and ran Hooker 12gauge for tweet, midrange and mid bass

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Door baffles are done for the Illusion C8 ran into a problem I had to use a 3/8 mdf ring to bring the midbass basket out from hitting the door opening. I will replace it with HDPE when I get free time to pick some more up.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Doors are finally complete that took way to long just hoping the mid-bass doesn't resonate to bad.... Moving on to the dash for the Hybrid L3SE and Illusion tweet!!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 81 Posts