Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed the casting right on the front of the pump..TOYOTA. I couldn't believe my eyes.. Camry parts on a SRT??

·
Super Moderator
17,312 Posts
Denso makes the alternators

NGK plugs are OEM in several Chrysler engines

and the cruise control switch on the '08-'10 models are identical to the ones installed on the Toyota Camry from the similar years.
(I noticed this visiting my dad & stepmom and drove their '08 Camry)

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Cruise control switches and spark plugs are one thing... Steering pump is a whole different performance leauge.. No wonder all the road race guys are burning them up....

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
That's not shocking....cars are a Global Product. After all, look how many cars use the same Transmissions.

It doesn't mean the pump is a swap item for a 4-cyl Camry pump.

If it's really bothering you (and I can't overstate enough how much it shouldn't), just tell people the Steering Pump is made by the same company that makes the Lexus LFA.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
If it came from Dodge it would have come from Mexico or something..at least the Camry is made in Kentucky and is known as the "Most American Made Car". I can't bash Toyota

Toyota Motor Manufacturing Mississippi, Tupelo, Mississippi – Toyota Corolla The facility will be named "Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Mississippi, Inc."[9]
Toyota Motor Manufacturing Kentucky, Inc., (TMMK) is located in Georgetown. Engine manufacture - 2GR-FE and 2AR-FE. Vehicle manufacture and assembly - Camry, Hybrid Camry, Avalon and Venza.
Toyota Motor Manufacturing Texas, Inc (TMMTX) is located in San Antonio. Vehicle manufacture and assembly - Tundra & Tacoma.
Toyota Motor Manufacturing Indiana, Inc. (TMMI) is located halfway between Princeton and Fort Branch. Vehicle manufacture and assembly - Sequoia, Sienna & Highlander.
Toyota Motor Manufacturing Alabama, Inc. (TMMAL), is located in Huntsville. Engine manufacture 1GR-FE, 1UR-FE and 3UR-FE. Engines mostly for TMMTX and some TMMI.
Toyota Motor Manufacturing West Virginia, Inc. (TMMWV), is located in Buffalo. Engine manufacture 2GR-FE, 2ZR-FE and 1AR-FE.

·
Premium Member
7,322 Posts
It's similar with Harley-Davidson motorcycles. Mine was built in York, PA, U.S.A., but the fork lowers are Japanese. Who knows how many other parts are foreign made (motorcycle and Challengers).

The parts sourcing doesn't bother me all that much, but I want a vehicle that is actually built in North America by a United States company. :D

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
I've owned many Toyota trucks and a few Supras, I would not be ashamed to e associated with that brand except for the fact that most of their cars are boring. I will probably only ever own Toyota trucks.

·
Super Moderator
17,312 Posts

·
Premium Member
479 Posts
Yep, Toyoda with a D, not Toyota. I fried one at the road course and learned to upgrade the fluid if you want to play in the twisties.

·
Registered
223 Posts
MoparPhil, what fluid did you upgrade to?

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Aren't Toyota's quality standards higher than Chrysler's?
With Toyota standards in ongoing decline and Chrysler's improving, the gap today is the narrowest it's ever been.

Reactions: wasp392

·
Premium Member
479 Posts
MoparPhil, what fluid did you upgrade to?
I went with Redline but Royal Purple also makes a high performance fluid. They both have a much higher temperature threshold than the stock fluid.

Reactions: Rush-2112

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have a friend who discovered that the fuel pump for his Ferrari was made by Volvo. Like the man said, cars are filled with parts from all over the world.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
If it came from Dodge it would have come from Mexico or something..at least the Camry is made in Kentucky and is known as the "Most American Made Car". I can't bash Toyota.
The Camry is more "American made" than the Challenger. The foxtrot bravos will defend the Challenger as "American made" by pointing out Mexico, U.S., and Canada are all North America and as such it still qualifies
however it's a :deadhorse:issue

1 - 20 of 22 Posts