Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!

So I am loving the new SRT. I will miss my old 2010 B5, but I would be lying if the extra power from the 392 didn't always put a silly grin on my face every time I hit the go pedal. :)

However, I am having a weird issue with the new one. When it rains or if I wash the car, I am having a ton of water leaking through the headliner surrounding the driver door. I had the original dealer replace that seal and align the door a bit better, but it is still leaking.

I took it to another dealer that was closer to me and they spent several hours today water testing it, but couldn't find the leak. Luckily, I took it by there while it was soaking wet yesterday, so they know I am not crazy lol.

Since the water testing didn't turn up any results, they asked if it was okay to remove the headliner and try to find the leak that way.

Has anyone experienced this issue? I am a little dumbfounded as to what the next steps will be...both dealers said they have never had this issue crop up before on a Challenger.

Thanks for your feedback!

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Do u have a sunroof? When the sunroof leaks, they all do, there r tracks for the water to go down and running down the a pillar is a clear tube to city the water off. If the track is blocked or the tube it will back up and some in. The tube may also be disconnected. Just something to check.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hey BigDodge! Thank you for your insight! However, this car does not have a sunroof. It's the weirdest thing....

It makes me wonder if one of the drainage rails on the roof may be leaking?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts