Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2013 SRT8 w/15K miles on original tires (245 in front, 255 in rear)

Can anyone recommend the best tires for spirited, good weather driving (no track, no snow, no burnouts, etc.)?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
I have the all season Continental DWS-06. Love them. Grips great. Even drove one time in light snow and felt good. It performs more like a summer tire with all the benefits of an all season. Great on a wet road too. Very quiet. I don't know how they made this tire and no one else can't.
295s on back, 275s up front. I have a 2012 SRT.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,731 Posts
You can't post a tapatalk link and have it work for anyone not on tapatalk

I don't know why you linked him to that thread, I see no tire recommendations there? If you are inferring he asked for cheap, I see no sign of that either

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,731 Posts
Tires I see recommended most often, the DWS-06 mentioned above. Firestone Firehawk Indy 500, Cooper Zeon RS3-G1, and Nitto NT555 G2

A Guy

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tires I see recommended most often, the DWS-06 mentioned above. Firestone Firehawk Indy 500, Cooper Zeon RS3-G1, and Nitto NT555 G2

A Guy
Thanks.

Can anyone recommend what would be the most comfortable (dry weather only, no snow) tire
for my application?

·
Registered
90 Posts
If you will be driving only in dry weather and in warm weather get an ultra performance Summer tire. If you still plan to drive in cold weather look for and ultra performance all season. The summer tires get a little slick in cold weather. I have the NT555G2 in 295/40 for summer and they are ok in my opinion. I know I can spin them at will. I have had the DSW06s on my old RT and they were good but I thought they wear a little on the quick side. The coopers I have on the front in my staggered setup for Summer and they are pretty good for the price. Couldn't tell you how they perform on the back. Actually I haven't found anything to help hold the power other than Drag Radials. Of course I also have 3.70 gears. I have heard some good things regarding the BFGs comp TAs. Some people swear by Michelin but they are pricey. I think Pirellis are over rated and priced.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If you will be driving only in dry weather and in warm weather get an ultra performance Summer tire. If you still plan to drive in cold weather look for and ultra performance all season. The summer tires get a little slick in cold weather. I have the NT555G2 in 295/40 for summer and they are ok in my opinion. I know I can spin them at will. I have had the DSW06s on my old RT and they were good but I thought they wear a little on the quick side. The coopers I have on the front in my staggered setup for Summer and they are pretty good for the price. Couldn't tell you how they perform on the back. Actually I haven't found anything to help hold the power other than Drag Radials. Of course I also have 3.70 gears. I have heard some good things regarding the BFGs comp TAs. Some people swear by Michelin but they are pricey. I think Pirellis are over rated and priced.
Thanks.

I'll probably do some cold weather driving (~45*), but no snow.

Can anyone comment on Nitto Motivos?

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
You can't post a tapatalk link and have it work for anyone not on tapatalk

I don't know why you linked him to that thread, I see no tire recommendations there? If you are inferring he asked for cheap, I see no sign of that either

A Guy
That is my mistake on all parts. Comments like 15k on a set of performance tires as well as the want for "spirited driveing" is y I sent that link. Tires & brakes are something that if u want to have a heavy foot & drive spirited then u need a performance tire to be safer. Price it cast to be the boss.

I put Pirelli P zero back on my car even after the 1st set lasted 10k miles out of a high performance tire that I shouldn't have done burnouts on as well as drive to the limit. Its a 500hp RWD car its not a Honda civic lol. Good mileage & stick tires don't exist & if u want to drive spirited as well as safe then your not going to get mileage out of the tires. I'll leave the post after that. This was a place I shouldn't have stepped into. All I can say is u get what u pay for & im not saying the most expensive tires are the best by no means. Be safe, keep it on all 4 & not on the roof.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
90 Posts
I had Nitto Motivos years ago on 2012 charger SXT (3.6L) and they handled well and I did like to push the car in the corners some. But I can't comment on putting them on a something with close to 500 hp. A lot of it depends on what you are looking for as to the way you are planning to drive them.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I had Nitto Motivos years ago on 2012 charger SXT (3.6L) and they handled well and I did like to push the car in the corners some. But I can't comment on putting them on a something with close to 500 hp. A lot of it depends on what you are looking for as to the way you are planning to drive them.
Spirited driving, nothing crazy. No burnouts, taking corners at 90MPH, etc.

I actually think I would prefer a tire that offers the most ride comfort, as I'm daily driving the car most of the time.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Thanks.

I'll probably do some cold weather driving (~45*), but no snow.

Can anyone comment on Nitto Motivos?
I have the Nitto Motivos on my 2016 Scat Pack. I've put about 6k miles on them and I think their great for a daily driver. They grip very good in dry and rain. I think I like the Cooper Zeon better (which is the set I had before the Nittos and lasted about 37k ish) miles. FYI I live in Raleigh, NC so we don't see harsh winters. Average temps in the winter is in the 40*s.

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
1,324 Posts
Nitto Motivos for the win me thinks for the next tire change in the spring !!

Sock mine has Goodyears and are 6 years old and 6K miles

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,282 Posts
Nitto Motivos for the win me thinks for the next tire change in the spring !!

Sock mine has Goodyears and are 6 years old and 6K miles
Nitto Nt555G2 are basically a better version of the motivo, completely different tread pattern that performs better. For a summer only tire its better, just look at nittos website and compare the two

1 - 20 of 26 Posts