Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
'13 Dodge Challenger SXT
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening, all!
I've been trying to search around for a definitive answer on if the 2013 SXT models need any kind of maintenance in terms of power steering? I've found they're all electric in some posts, and some say they're hydraulic-electric. Is it true the fluid is good for the life of the vehicle? I'm hitting 96K miles now so I just want to be safe. Thank you!

·
Registered
'13 Dodge Challenger SXT
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are Hydraulic Electric Pump its located behind the Right Lower Fender. You will need to have a Shop Flush it but get the Mopar Fluid for it before you have it serviced.
Thank you! Do you know how often it needs servicing or anything like that? I feel like I can't find anything specific about the SXT even in the manual.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
33,851 Posts
The manual for all trims doesn't mention any interval, just to check level. Some just suck as much fluid out as they can and replace it, some do the pump it out method

It's not manditory, but if you decide you want to

A Guy

Reactions: Phobos

·
Registered
'13 Dodge Challenger SXT
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The manual for all trims doesn't mention any interval, just to check level. Some just suck as much fluid out as they can and replace it, some do the pump it out method

It's not manditory, but if you decide you want to

A Guy
Interesting! Do you happen to know what the fluid it takes is exactly by any chance? I imagine not any regular shop carries it, but probably a dealership only.

The service on the fluid is mandatory, or the flush is?

As always, I appreciate your help!!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
33,851 Posts
From the manual
Font Material property Rectangle Parallel Number

A Guy

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
33,851 Posts
I am not positive enough to say yes, but I suspect they are. If you want to be sure, get some Mopar fluid that was original fill. I think any MS-11655 fluid is compatible with any other MS-11655

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
33,851 Posts
The 2016 has EPS (Electronic Power Steering) so no reservoir/fluid check. The Hellcats only had fluids to check in 2016

A Guy

Reactions: Papa_Ski
1 - 12 of 12 Posts