Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine bought a 2013 V6 challenger with a bad engine. It is a rebuilt title due to flood damage. He found a mint condition 2016 Challenger Scat Pack 6.4 with 8 speed auto with 7k miles on craiglist that some one wanted to sale the motor and transmission from it. 2 weeks have gone by and i am 80 percent done. i will be posting pictures and telling the story as it was a pain in the ass to do

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,852 Posts
Looking forward to what you have to show us ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is how it started out. Donor car 2016 Scat Pack was driven down 7 hours from up north 2 weeks ago. Not one scratch or dent. It has 7k miles on the clock and when it leaves my shop it will be just a rolling shell.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,414 Posts
The '13 will need major floor pan modifications to accommodate the A8.

Not impossible, but not a minor thing either.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I did not have to modify the floor pan. The transmission cleared and bolted up with no issues
So, that would suggest replacing the A5 with an A8 is possible? I'm not saying I'm doing that, just curious.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You can swap it out. I already swapped in the 8 speed transmission and bolted everything up

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,180 Posts
Curious as to what the guy is putting into the Scat Pack as well as your build.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I took the engine, transmission, front subframe, rear differential with subframe, all suspension components from the front and rear . Hid headlights, taillights, rear wing with camera, the complete dash, all wiring, door panels, carpet, steering column. The only items I did not take are the main body panels.

·
Registered
117 Posts
If your friend found the new Scat Pack, why isn't he just driving it, instead of all the work to change engine and drivetrain? Was it a flood damaged car also?

1 - 20 of 84 Posts