Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
The recall at the beginning of this thread is separate from the normal recall. Specifically for Stage 1 PCM and Demon PCM. Since they have custom tunes, they are supposed to be replaced with pre-flashed PCMs with the custom tunes intact.

A Guy

·
Vendor
12,072 Posts
I’m sorry Luke. I still don’t understand. I bought the Scat Pack Level 1 PCM from Steve White and installed it in my 2016 RT Challenger 5.7. Now it has been recalled.Will the special Arrow Racing calibration that came programmed in the unit be erased and reflashed with with the ordinary engine calibration plus the cruise control fix? In other words, do I loose my scat pack calibration? That would suck.
the pcm does not get flashed, a new pcm is to be ordered and installed, ordered thru FCA from Hollingsworth LLC, you paid for that pcm, they must make it whole or reimbursed, in this case replacing the pcm which is ordered by the vin number
Luke

ps, Arrow no longer exist, new entity is the Prefix Corp

·
Vendor
12,072 Posts
The recall at the beginning of this thread is separate from the normal recall. Specifically for Stage 1 PCM and Demon PCM. Since they have custom tunes, they are supposed to be replaced with pre-flashed PCMs with the custom tunes intact.

A Guy
thats what we understand
Luke

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Hmmm, I sure hope that's right...

A Guy

·
Registered
118 Posts
I wonder if the new pcm tune from prefix will be as good as arrows tune....hopefully better but maybe not as good?

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Classic
154 Posts
I'm not sure I even have my original PCM any longer... that swap out and swap back doesn't seem right to me, either...

I just spent about 20 minutes on the phone with my local dealer that did the Stage 1 PCM install 3 years ago, and they have no idea what I'm talking about - my VIN says recall U60 applies to my car. I hung up and called FCA (800-992-1997) and had to explain to her for about half an hour that I'd ordered the Stage 1 PCM (from Steve White Motors), had it installed at my local dealer (Nielsen Dodge up here in East Hanover, NJ), explained that according to this thread (and how I read it) recall U82, not U60, applies to my car. So far, so bad - she isn't aware of what's up. She did however open an escalation and will be contacting me in the next 24 hours to let me know the next steps...

Not feeling the warm and fuzzies on this one...

·
Registered
5,161 Posts
I'm not sure I even have my original PCM any longer... that swap out and swap back doesn't seem right to me, either...

I just spent about 20 minutes on the phone with my local dealer that did the Stage 1 PCM install 3 years ago, and they have no idea what I'm talking about - my VIN says recall U60 applies to my car. I hung up and called FCA (800-992-1997) and had to explain to her for about half an hour that I'd ordered the Stage 1 PCM (from Steve White Motors), had it installed at my local dealer (Nielsen Dodge up here in East Hanover, NJ), explained that according to this thread (and how I read it) recall U82, not U60, applies to my car. So far, so bad - she isn't aware of what's up. She did however open an escalation and will be contacting me in the next 24 hours to let me know the next steps...

Not feeling the warm and fuzzies on this one...
I went through the escalation too. I am doing what they said, if it does not work right, at least my VIN will show all appropriate recalls completed and I won't lose the Scat Pack 1 tuning. Just do not use the throttle when using cruise control.

·
Registered
184 Posts
With the confusion on this I'm so glad I have a manual transmission so I don't have to deal with any of it.

I don't even like that I have to go to the dealer to get my center stack replaced, honestly if it didn't cost so much I would just suck it up and eat the cost.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Are you saying manual cars are not recalled? my 2015 has the p5160025 scat pcm and is a manual shift with cruise control. I thought all the 025 pcms need changed. I may be wrong....

·
Registered
5,161 Posts
Hmmm, I sure hope that's right...

A Guy
At this point I do not care. I am going to get it done and my Scat Pack 1 PCM swapped back in and then I will send out my Stock PCM with the Recall done and have it unlocked. I have been playing with VCM Suite from HP Tuners on my desktop. I figure I could then copy the Tune from the Scat Pack PCM to my computer and my stock PCM unlocked PCM, make the changes to the stock tune to make it the Scat Pack tune and then upload it to the stock PCM. I am NOT EVER buying a performance part like this again off of the internet! On the upside I can make changes with VCM Suite or send my car to be dyno tuned in the future whith a bigger cam, magnuson, headers and exhaust if I so desire and if I find someone locally that will/can do it, N.E. Ohio.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Are you saying manual cars are not recalled? my 2015 has the p5160025 scat pcm and is a manual shift with cruise control. I thought all the 025 pcms need changed. I may be wrong....
Did you get a recall notice for your car or did you contact Dodge? Maybe the Stage PCM is different.

I have not received a notice for the recall, my Vin does not show up for it and I have seen no manual owners talking about the recall.

If I am mistaken someone please let me know.

·
Registered
5,161 Posts
Did you get a recall notice for your car or did you contact Dodge? Maybe the Stage PCM is different.

I have not received a notice for the recall, my Vin does not show up for it and I have seen no manual owners talking about the recall.

If I am mistaken someone please let me know.
Received it in the fall last year. Took it in, and explained to them about the PCM, they said to hold off, I did until I saw on here that there is a way to do it, and I contacted them and they said, "Yes, they are aware now, they swap the PCM back to stock, flash it and then switch it back to the SCAT PACK 1. maybe it is something in the radio that does this or in the CANBUS? Makes no sense, I am only doing it so the car will show all recalls done on it so if anyone asks if all the recalls were done I can say "Yes" and not be lying if I sell the car.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Yeah, I would guess that whatever needs to be flashed is stored somewhere else, but the PCM needs to be in place to flash it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I did not get anything in the mail. The letter in the first post says 100% are affected. I have not been to a dodge dealer since last may for inspection sticker....I will be at the dealer in a few weeks for inspection sticker and am thinking when they run the vin it will kick out the recall.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
It is not beyond possible that the flash will just reprogram something that resides in the BCM, or... And as mentioned, the original PCM is only swapped in so they don't remove the Stage 1 programming. If this is correct, then the PCM is only used to address the place where the new programming resides, and swapping the Stage 1 back in would not affect that.

None of this would address the comment:

Comment: These are the recalled part numbers. The remedy parts contain updated software.
A Guy

·
Registered
338 Posts
I did not get anything in the mail. The letter in the first post says 100% are affected. I have not been to a dodge dealer since last may for inspection sticker....I will be at the dealer in a few weeks for inspection sticker and am thinking when they run the vin it will kick out the recall.
Not all Scat Pack Stage 1 PCM's are effected, from the first post...

The population was determined to be all Stage 1 Kit Performance Package PCMs
built with a modified fault handling strategy that will not have their software
updated as a part of routine installation. Similar Dodge Challenger, Dodge
Charger, and Chrysler 300 PCMs are not included in the recall because they have
a different fault handling strategy software or are updated as a part of the
routine installation.
Only part numbers... P5160023, P5160025, 68412287AA are effected, so verify if the Stage 1 PCM you have happens to be one of those, the Stage 1 PCM I received for my 2014 is a different part number and is not effected.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #38

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have the p5160025 pcm. the first post states that 100% of that population are affected. I have not received a recall in the mail.....unless the dog ate it lol.I am thinking the 023 pcm is for autos and the 025 pcm is for manual cars

21 - 40 of 45 Posts