Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
from experience, what are y'all paying for these ? I have a 13 sxt right now and I'm looking to upgrade to RT . I just drove one and the dealer offered me 32k drive out .. This is with no other options other than black top edition ; base interior no leather no upgraded stereo etc . He claims this is the best he can do but I was hoping to get under 30 drive out . What do y'all think .

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
15,047 Posts
If that's include taxes & license fees, that's about what a non-optioned R/T (base) + blacktop package prices out ($32.5k), fairly good deal.

The automatic would be another $1.2k, as the 6-speed is the standard, no cost transmission..

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
$31K

The better your credit rating, the better deal you will get.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I was able to get them under $30K for my '13 R/T Plus including about $1.5K in negative equity on my wife's nitro as a trade-in. Out the door, tax, title, reg $33K. Get the R/T Plus. Every little convenience is worth it. My biggest benefit is the back-up sensors. Makes parallel parking a breeze. Also get a TrueCar estimate. I did and it's good leverage.

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
Perhaps the more important question is...

...what percent interest will you get? A 1/4 % difference over 5-6 years will make a huge difference. When I bought my RT with 2.9%, ($8K trade in) my payments were $350 per month. 7 mos later, I worked an RT trade in deal for an SRT at 1.49%. The SRT monthly will be $505 per month...for a car that costs $13K more.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They wanted 28k before TTL on my sxt and I got them down to 23500 plus TTL . That's 4500 they came down ! So getting the rt under 30 from 32500 shouldn't be too difficult . Dealer is telling me he can't go any lower because he's already given me the discounts and incentives blah blah

·
Registered
232 Posts
Check out Steve White Motors in North Carolina, they are a sponsor on this site. They offer free delivery or airfare. I live on Long Island and just recently purchased my car from them. I have to say the whole experience was great, no problems what so ever.
The price was better then anything in New York and people are great.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Under 32,000 without tax. The only options I have is the Classic (which includes the following)
ParkSense(R) Rear Park Assist System
Challenger Script Badge
R/T Classic
Functional Hood Scoop
High Intensity Discharge Headlamps
20-Inch x 8.0-Inch Aluminum Wheels
245/45R20 BSW All Season Performance
Tires
3.92 Rear Axle Ratio
Leather-Trimmed Bucket Seats
Heated Front Seats
6 Boston Acoustics(R) Speakers
276-Watt Amplifier
Electronics Convenience Group
Temperature and Compass Gauge
Tire Pressure Monitoring Display
Universal Garage Door Opener
Security Alarm
Power Heated Mirrors with Manual Fold-Away​
and the Super Track Pak.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I went through true car and built a base model R/T blacktop, with sunroof, and stripe delete and was being quoted 31K by a few dealers. I checked a few other dealers but 31,300 was best from what I saw from the dealers I was going through. I ended up going with an end of year 2013 since I felt like it was a better deal.

Take it easy
Jay

·
Registered
144 Posts
Mine's a week old and it's a blacktop 6 speed. I paid 40 out the door but I'm in California so they charge almost 10 percent on the sales tax and license fee. I also got a lifetime warranty and alarm. No trade or down payment, my previous vehicle is an 18 year old Diesel Ram and I plan to keep this new Dodge for at least that long. Before I went to the dealer, I had been in contact with a car buying service with my credit union, he had offered the same car for 32,500 before tax, title, etc. I know I paid a little more but got a better warranty from the dealer. Also check with places like Costco for their buying options. In doing my research, I was using autotrader and cars.com sites along with researchmaniacs.com/VIN-Number-Lookup/WindowSticker/Dodge.html so I could look at window stickers and know exactly what was on the car I was looking at, for example the stripe delete is a 500 subtraction from the msrp.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I'm going to try and get it for 29k drive out

Stick to your guns at 29k, if they want to make a deal they will move their number down, tell them thats the set #. They are gonna make money off the trade in, so they should be a little more inclined to move a bit.

·
Registered
90 Posts
from experience, what are y'all paying for these ? I have a 13 sxt right now and I'm looking to upgrade to RT . I just drove one and the dealer offered me 32k drive out .. This is with no other options other than black top edition ; base interior no leather no upgraded stereo etc . He claims this is the best he can do but I was hoping to get under 30 drive out . What do y'all think .

I think u should call another dealer and have them work against each other to move his "lowest number" down; because i paid about that for a RT Classic with a hell of a lot more options than that. These guys just want your money, they dont care about you, so dont feel like you owe them anything or feel sorry for them. Make them sell U the car, there are plenty of RTs out there even if u need to wait. Good Luck and do your homework!!!

·
Registered
14,056 Posts
I'm going to try and get it for 29k drive out
Wow, might have to go to Houston. Dealer by me is saying $1600 plus the $2000 rebates off a $35,550 car that I speced out to order is best he can do. The ordered car should cost the dealer less right? Thought I could get a better deal than he is offering.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts