Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2014 Blacktop available in more colors!

Local dealer has a Header Orange with Blacktop package "in transit"!

Key is that you have to choose the $500 stripe delete first, then the other colors become available. Still can't get it on Jazz Blue, a combo that I think would be sweet.

http://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=2C3CDYBT3EH176877

Thinking about trading in the Wrangler Rubicon, then we would have both colors of Orange....

:silly:

·
Registered
601 Posts
Hahaha is that in FL? Can't use the link from my phone so I can't tell but if it is I saw that 2 days ago when I was "browsing". As soon as I saw it I said to my self "so you can get a blacktop in color". Love it! For me personally, black top is the only way to go. I don't like the chrome wheels. Plus I know chrome grill surround is old school to the original but when it's blacked out it just looks meaner. Top it off with STP and I'm sold. I'm just waiting on the shakers to come out and get an idea if what they are going for before I pull the trigger on the blacktop.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I'd have to dig for it but I'd read second half of the year so even May might be a bit early plus with it being a limited edition I'd not expect too much of a price break on them unless they had them at the end of the year.

Take it easy
Jay

·
Registered
249 Posts
Hahaha is that in FL? Can't use the link from my phone so I can't tell but if it is I saw that 2 days ago when I was "browsing". As soon as I saw it I said to my self "so you can get a blacktop in color". Love it! For me personally, black top is the only way to go. I don't like the chrome wheels. Plus I know chrome grill surround is old school to the original but when it's blacked out it just looks meaner. Top it off with STP and I'm sold. I'm just waiting on the shakers to come out and get an idea if what they are going for before I pull the trigger on the blacktop.
:yesnod:

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Plus I know chrome grill surround is old school to the original but when it's blacked out it just looks meaner. Top it off with STP and I'm sold. I'm just waiting on the shakers to come out and get an idea if what they are going for before I pull the trigger on the blacktop.
Yeah I like what they did with the Blacktop since there's not a big price jump between getting chrome clads with STP vs. just getting a Blacktop. Plus if you opt to go stripe delete it's the cheapest route to getting STP. I'd have ordered one if I didn't find the deal I got. Styling wise I still might try dipping the gas cap and eventually adding black torq thurst wheels to mine since I like the styling.

It'll be interesting to see what other color combinations they'll allow I knew about Orange but I'd think Bright white, Ivory White, even Phantom Black would look pretty sweet with the blacked out treatment.

Take it easy
Jay

·
Registered
601 Posts
Yeah I like what they did with the Blacktop since there's not a big price jump between getting chrome clads with STP vs. just getting a Blacktop. Plus if you opt to go stripe delete it's the cheapest route to getting STP. I'd have ordered one if I didn't find the deal I got. Styling wise I still might try dipping the gas cap and eventually adding black torq thurst wheels to mine since I like the styling.

It'll be interesting to see what other color combinations they'll allow I knew about Orange but I'd think Bright white, Ivory White, even Phantom Black would look pretty sweet with the blacked out treatment.

Take it easy
Jay
I'm digging the white in blacktop. That's what I'm shooting for but haven't actually sat down with a dealer yet. I'm about to start emailing and calling around and that will be one if my questions. If I was able to get the white in blacktop I'd probably do a spoiler delete too and add a black one or just get it and have it painted. I'm really liking that look. I think the core comes like and I know the new shaker is suppose to.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Local dealer has a Header Orange with Blacktop package "in transit"!

Key is that you have to choose the $500 stripe delete first, then the other colors become available. Still can't get it on Jazz Blue, a combo that I think would be sweet.

http://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=2C3CDYBT3EH176877

Thinking about trading in the Wrangler Rubicon, then we would have both colors of Orange....

:silly:
Hasn't the 'blacktop' always been just a package of stripes and wheels and performance stuff like the Redline package on the SXT? Four body colors and then the appearance changes?

·
Registered
14,073 Posts
If I was able to get the white in blacktop I'd probably do a spoiler delete too and add a black one or just get it and have it painted.
Can you delete the spoiler in the Blacktop Package? dodge.com says no but of course has been wrong before.
I like the White car too with the Black rear spoiler a la Core.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Hasn't the 'blacktop' always been just a package of stripes and wheels and performance stuff like the Redline package on the SXT? Four body colors and then the appearance changes?
It's Super Track Pack with blacked out styling and stripes. If you wanted STP it's not a bad deal since you were going to spend $1900 to add it to a base or R/T plus model. For $100.00 more you get the blacked out styling and graphics. To me the real beauty is if you select stripe delete then the blacktop package is $1495.00. With the 500.00 saved you can add whatever graphic you want to go with the car. I don't mind the Blacktop stripes but for those that aren't fans that 500.00 opens the doors to lots of graphic options.

Take it easy
Jay

1 - 13 of 13 Posts