Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2014-2015 R/T - Black/Sublime
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I'm new to this site. I Have a 2014 challenger r/t 6 speed.

This is my 2nd challenger / my last one was a 2011 and ive had a 2006 hemi charger. I also have a 40psi boosted and methanol injected dodge spirit r/t that i built.

Anyways, to the video i made yesterday :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=widekc0-lco

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Sounds remarkably good.

I understand that many Challenger owners have done this. Some absolutely love it as is, and others complain of drone---which is probably common with the auto trans. Do you experience any noticeable drone?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Sounds remarkably good.

I understand that many Challenger owners have done this. Some absolutely love it as is, and others complain of drone---which is probably common with the auto trans. Do you experience any noticeable drone?
none whatsoever

like i stated in the video, when cruising on the highway with the cruise control on, cant even hear the car running / all you hear is road noise

in my 2011 hemi challenger, there was a pissload of drone but that was an auto

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
Sounds great, I agree the 6-speed resonater delete is a big-time win! :)

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
sounds good dude,good think the 2015 will sounds great with out messing with the exhaust....

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sounds good dude,good think the 2015 will sounds great with out messing with the exhaust....
if you are talking hellcat then yes, other then front and rear facia, there isnt any difference between the 5.7's from 14' t 15' iirc

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
I have been debating this for some time now and it does sound awesome from your interior video (sound). I try to be the "nice neighbor" though as I work graveyard shift. Your video also includes sound from idle to slow pull away which helps, but how would you rate the sound from 1-10 keeping in mind that I do know what LOUD is. An 1100 Kawasaki with a open Kerker header is Fricken loud!

Stock R/T 6/speed factory exhaust .......... just for comparative reasons of course. :sneaky:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pQy4dhjZz4

·
Premium Member
6,488 Posts
I really did like the sound my 6-speed made on the outside with the redo delete w/ glass packs, but after 2 years the drone was killing me and I had to do something different.

OP, did you straight pipe, glass pack, Magnaflow...?

Does your 2014 have cylindrical "bottle" mufflers are chambered/oval "turbo" mufflers?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have been debating this for some time now and it does sound awesome from your interior video (sound). I try to be the "nice neighbor" though as I work graveyard shift. Your video also includes sound from idle to slow pull away which helps, but how would you rate the sound from 1-10 keeping in mind that I do know what LOUD is. An 1100 Kawasaki with a open Kerker header is Fricken loud!

Stock R/T 6/speed factory exhaust .......... just for comparative reasons of course. :sneaky:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pQy4dhjZz4
cold start and idling is louder then 1-10mph. Once its in gear the tone drops quiet a bit. Warm start a little rumble from 1-10.. all depends when you shift it though. If you are attempting to be quiet its easy because you will know when its about to unleash hell and you just shift it then lol.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I really did like the sound my 6-speed made on the outside with the redo delete w/ glass packs, but after 2 years the drone was killing me and I had to do something different.

OP, did you straight pipe, glass pack, Magnaflow...?

Does your 2014 have cylindrical "bottle" mufflers are chambered/oval "turbo" mufflers?
i left the stock bottle mufflers in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts