Dodge Challenger Forum banner

321 - 340 of 374 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Hey resumespeed ,

Any reason you left out sublime for the srt core?

Is it not going to be available for the core? If not why?

Thanks

·
Registered
92 Posts
Is it too late to order a header orange rt? Also, I was playing around with the confirmatory on dodges site and it allows me to build a normal rt in plum crazy. Is that a website error? If it's not when do order banks open for plum crazy?

The dealership was telling me a month ago that I couldn't get the anti spin differential and super track pack with the automatic, but I can on the online builder. Is that accurate?

Matt

·
Registered
721 Posts
The only way to know for sure, absolutely sure, is to go to a dealership and have them attempt to order what you want in their system. I would not trust the website.

·
Registered
567 Posts
GREAT POST And THANK YOU for providing all of this very helpful information. I know it took a lot of your time to do this so that it would save all of us a lot of time, again, THANK YOU !!!
BERT
MODEL MAKER

·
Registered
13,546 Posts
There have been some radio changes in the 2014 model year run...

130 radio available with Sound Group II
430 radio stand alone option (does not come with, or require SGII any more)
430N radio/navigation radio not available SXT or R/T (available Core and SRT only)

Is it too late to order a header orange rt? Also, I was playing around with the confirmatory on dodges site and it allows me to build a normal rt in plum crazy. Is that a website error? If it's not when do order banks open for plum crazy?

The dealership was telling me a month ago that I couldn't get the anti spin differential and super track pack with the automatic, but I can on the online builder. Is that accurate?

Matt
You can still get a Header Orange R/T, you can also get it with the Blacktop Package now too if you also choose Stripe Delete. TorRed is also available with the Blacktop. Looked for a White or Jazz Blue Blacktop but couldn't find one.

Also I have seen several window stickers of STP, automatic and anti-spin so I would assume it is still available.

·
Registered
57 Posts
392 Hemi engine more than 470 hp?

Is the 392 Hemi crate engine putting out more than 470hp?
I have read some stuff online that Dodge has underrated the
392 Hemi motor and that it is actually putting out a little more than 500 (up to 525 hp) horsepower.

·
Super Moderator
14,408 Posts
Is the 392 Hemi engine putting out more than 470hp?
I have read some stuff online that Dodge has underrated the
392 Hemi motor and that it is actually putting out a little more than 500 (up to 525 hp) horsepower.
That's the crate 392 - not emissions legal.

Its rumored the '15 6.4 may get a bump up to 500hp...what the final figures come out to be remains to be seen.
There may have been more development on heads and cam for the SC 6.2 engine and the head/cam mods might migrate to the NA 6.4.

·
Registered
57 Posts
That's the crate 392 - not emissions legal.

Its rumored the '15 6.4 may get a bump up to 500hp...what the final figures come out to be remains to be seen.
There may have been more development on heads and cam for the SC 6.2 engine and the head/cam mods might migrate to the NA 6.4.
Yeah I know about that 392 crate engine, I just meant are the 392 Hemi SRT8 Challengers capped at 470 hp?

·
Super Moderator
14,408 Posts
Yeah I know about that 392 crate engine, I just meant are the 392 Hemi SRT8 Challengers capped at 470 hp?
With the tuning, Chrysler engineers improved mid-range, drivability vs. all-out top end power...the 6.1 SRT engine was peaky and the 6.4 has more torque down low, mid range through upper rpm band.

Most folks that went from 6.1 SRTs to 6.4s noted the 6.1 had most of its power @ 4.5K+.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Are the backup camera and rear parking sensors available on the 2014s?

When I was looking at Challengers in 2012, I read that lowering the suspension caused a clunking noise that required other modifications to fix...is that still an issue with the 2014s?

·
Super Moderator
14,408 Posts
Are the backup camera and rear parking sensors available on the 2014s?

When I was looking at Challengers in 2012, I read that lowering the suspension caused a clunking noise that required other modifications to fix...is that still an issue with the 2014s?
Park sensors since the '13 models - no backup camera offered on '14.

It appears the '15 will have the backup camera offered.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Question to any 2014 owners with the touch screen. Does it display album cover from your iPod? :sunny:Can you still upload pictures and use one of them as a display?

·
Registered
721 Posts
Question to any 2014 owners with the touch screen. Does it display album cover from your iPod? :sunny:Can you still upload pictures and use one of them as a display?

Yes and yes :0

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
That's what I've always wanted, for my car audio to display cover art from my iPod:bncry: oh why did this happen for the first time in the '14 models!:mecry: oh well, I like my custom display I made
My 2013 could do it too so it's not new to the 2014.

321 - 340 of 374 Posts
About this Discussion
373 Replies
122 Participants
pdx.challenger
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing