Dodge Challenger Forum banner

341 - 360 of 374 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,356 Posts
What, really??:blueblob: What system do yo have? I think mine is the 430n. Is it an option on from your touch screen?

I was going to ask the same thing... I have the 430n and don't see that... My guess it is only the 730 unit that does that....

·
Registered
185 Posts
I was going to ask the same thing... I have the 430n and don't see that... My guess it is only the 730 unit that does that....
I sure hope our friend, Crobar sheds the light on this soon:angel: It's such a cool feature that I would love to have. :5:
big bummer if it's only for the 730:mah:

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
I sure hope our friend, Crobar sheds the light on this soon:angel: It's such a cool feature that I would love to have. :5:
big bummer if it's only for the 730:mah:
Yes, I have the 730N and maybe need to correct myself - I have not used my "iPod" with it yet but whenever I copy a CD to the HDD it also copies the album cover which you can have showing while the music plays.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Yes, I have the 730N and maybe need to correct myself - I have not used my "iPod" with it yet but whenever I copy a CD to the HDD it also copies the album cover which you can have showing while the music plays.
Thank you so much for clarifying that:cheers: I'll have to try that on my unit. I may be wrong but I think only the '14 models can show cover art from the iPod.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Thank you so much for clarifying that:cheers: I'll have to try that on my unit. I may be wrong but I think only the '14 models can show cover art from the iPod.
I will try with my iphone on my unit and let you know.

·
Premium Member
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #347
2014 SRT update

This month is your LAST CHANCE to order a 2014 SRT CORE model or SRT Premium model...

Production of 2014 Core and Premium SRTs will end when Satin Vapor Editions begin (~April 1st).

The Satin Vapor Edition will be the ONLY 2014 SRT that can be ordered for the rest of the model year after ordering closes this month.

Satin Vapor Editions:

-RS

·
Super Moderator
14,408 Posts
...so what exactly does the Vapor edition mean??
>black satin vapor chrome wheels (forged, split 5-spoke)
>satin black mirror housings -all colors)
>dark finish fuel door
>gray 392 HEMI badges
>black satin rear spoiler (similar to SRT core or '08 - '10 SRTs)

it also appears the grille surround is a dark finish as well.

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2014-dodge-challenger-srt-satin-vapor-edition-chicago-2014/#photo-2193726

"normal" models had body color mirrors and two choices of wheels, along with chromed fuel door and the red 392 HEMI badging.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
I see. Sounds like a good idea for Dodge to minimize the options available on the current model so they can start tooling up, and stocking supplies for the 2015 "refresh" design - without having to manage inventory for an array of current model SRT options.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I think they are just the black vapor wheels and the package is called satin vapor? But they also probably have a couple thousand sets of wheels they need to ged rid of?

Also that package will be kinda rare in production numbers with the colors offered and the short time frame from April to June, 1 of 500 for each color?

·
Super Moderator
14,408 Posts
I think they are just the black vapor wheels and the package is called satin vapor? But they also probably have a couple thousand sets of wheels they need to get rid of?
That could be the case - having the Black Vapor [code WSJ] wheels cost an extra $695 on a car that starts just above the mid 40s, I haven't seen a high take rate on new SRTs with those wheels.
Most of the new SRTs I've seen have the std. black pocket, machined spoke wheels.

Chrysler probably has some new wheel options coming up for '15 and they're trying to use up their inventory of these '13/'14 optional wheels.

·
Premium Member
4,356 Posts
I think they are just the black vapor wheels and the package is called satin vapor? But they also probably have a couple thousand sets of wheels they need to ged rid of?

Also that package will be kinda rare in production numbers with the colors offered and the short time frame from April to June, 1 of 500 for each color?
All plants do just in time inventory as they don't stockpile parts... so they aren't going to have a couple thousand sets of wheels in the Brampton plant.

·
Registered
216 Posts
All plants do just in time inventory as they don't stockpile parts... so they aren't going to have a couple thousand sets of wheels in the Brampton plant.
I didn't know that, I always thought they did runs and made a few thousand for projected future cars? Thanks for the info.

·
Super Moderator
14,408 Posts
There's also the contract / purchase agreements with their OEM suppliers for minimum quantities. This is due to the OEM needing to schedule raw materials and production line time to meet the projected orders ahead of JIT delivery.

Frequently, if they fall short of the contracted minimum, the buyer is still on the hook for paying for the minimum commitment production, even if they don't need it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Still no sign of it... I wouldn't rule it out though...
It doesn't look like sublime will be a spring color, but is it possible as a late MY color addition to boost sales of the outgoing model before the 2015 refresh?

341 - 360 of 374 Posts
About this Discussion
373 Replies
122 Participants
pdx.challenger
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing