Dodge Challenger Forum banner

361 - 374 of 374 Posts

·
Registered
13,546 Posts
The Garmin Navigation 430N radio has returned to the Challenger lineup across the board. Don't know why it disappeared earlier in the year but it is now back. Supposed to be priced according to nadaguides at $895 on Core and SRT and $1095 on everything else, but there are a couple Shakers that have them and the window sticker says $595 so not sure what's going on with that. Build and Price shows none of this but the cars are being built with the 430N again. :icon7:

http://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=2C3CDYBT1EH231567

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
ClassicCurtis

It doesn't look like sublime will be a spring color, but is it possible as a late MY color addition to boost sales of the outgoing model before the 2015 refresh?
I doubt that sublime would be released on a 2014 model. It makes more sense to release sublimte to give a spark to the 2015 model.

·
Premium Member
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #363
Supposed to be priced according to nadaguides at $895 on Core and SRT and $1095 on everything else, but there are a couple Shakers that have them and the window sticker says $595 so not sure what's going on with that.
With the Shaker package the 430N is $595 IF you get Sound Group II ($600). Without the Sound Group the 430N is $1095.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Does anyone when know when Memorial Day sales/rebates start? Hoping for a great deal on a 2014, I imagine Dodge will want to move them soon.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey there everyone I'm new to the forums but I've been lurking for the past couple months. I'm looking to buy a 2014 Challenger this month. I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on what a 2014 RT should be going for considering the 2015 models are coming out in september. I've never bought from a dealership before but It seems the MSRP are really jacked up. Wondering how much I should be trying to haggle off the MSRP.

There's a 2014 RT Plus Automatic in Black with the 28J Package with a MSRP of 35500.

I'd like a V8 but i'm trying to keep my total price at 29K. I feel that this is doable for a 2014 RT with it being close to next year's model's release date and dodge has about 2k-4k in rebates it seems right now.

Any advice for a new guy buying first time from a dealership would be appreciated. Especially on what would be a reasonable price for 2014 SXT, RT, RT Plus this time of year.

Cheers!

·
Registered
721 Posts
Hey there everyone I'm new to the forums but I've been lurking for the past couple months. I'm looking to buy a 2014 Challenger this month. I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on what a 2014 RT should be going for considering the 2015 models are coming out in september. I've never bought from a dealership before but It seems the MSRP are really jacked up. Wondering how much I should be trying to haggle off the MSRP.

There's a 2014 RT Plus Automatic in Black with the 28J Package with a MSRP of 35500.

I'd like a V8 but i'm trying to keep my total price at 29K. I feel that this is doable for a 2014 RT with it being close to next year's model's release date and dodge has about 2k-4k in rebates it seems right now.

Any advice for a new guy buying first time from a dealership would be appreciated. Especially on what would be a reasonable price for 2014 SXT, RT, RT Plus this time of year.

Cheers!
How antsy are you to get into a Challenger? That ultimately determines what you are going to pay. The longer you wait the better the deals get on previous year models...naturally the longer you wait the less chance you have to get what you want.

There will be further sales coming up, such as 4th of July tomorrow and Labor Day sales to look forward to.

Other things to consider:

Are you with the military or a vet? USAA has rebates that apply you can use if so.
Do you work for a company that has programs already worked out with Chrysler?
Finance through a credit union, typically a better rate if you are financing which makes your payment more tolerable.
Haggle haggle haggle...don't be afraid to stand up and walk away.
Do your research online of what other dealerships in your 200 mile radius are selling similar model cars for and use that as leverage.

Again, it all depends how antsy you are and how much time you are willing to put into negotiating a price.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am in the exact same position as challenge_accepted, except I am holding out to see what kind of price I can negotiate for a SRT Core once the new models hit the dealers.

woohoo first post.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
I'm in the DC area too...

Cheers!
...and I've been watching the '14 prices, just in case the '15s are ridiculously priced (I'm hoping to order a 6.4L R/T)..

...what I've seen is some definite discounting of the 6 cylinders, and some movement for the 5.7L V8s up to the R/T Classic option; there has been little movement on the '14 SRTs yet...

...that said, you are going to be a bit hard pressed to get a semi-loaded R/T at the price you want. You might be able to get a bare bones one for $30k, but you might want to consider the 6 cylinder if the "creature comforts" are important to you. There are TONS of SXTs available thus giving you negotiating power.

Good luck in your hunt!

·
Registered
61 Posts

Cheers!
Just got a new 2014 RT w/ no options (except silly stripes) 2 weeks ago for $26,571. At the time there was $3000 in incentives from Dodge. I believe it is now down to $2000. Dealer was motivated. They sold for invoice, including a $1000 charge back they get from Dodge. Basically that was $5200 off MSRP. Location, South Florida.

Go to Edmunds and Truecar.com and run the numbers. Good time to buy. I actually prefer the 2014 interior, but the 2015 is nice too. I's seeing the 2014 supply of Challengers with V8 starting to diminish. Still lots of automatics down here, but not so many manuals.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts

Cheers!
You should be able to get $4000 to $4500 off on that unit - in addition, it might be worth an additional $2000 to go ahead and spring for the R/T and get the V8 - seen a lot of SXT owners trading in a year or two later just to get the V8. Either way, a Challenger is the best looking car out there - good luck!

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts

It should be very doable. The deep discount is why I just bought another one last week rather than end up paying probably 10k more for a refresh 2015 with no rebates. The one I just bought listed for about 35k and I got it for $28,200. This is an R/T plus with 20' wheels. There was 3k rebate, the dealer marked down well over 2k and I got a USAA discount for another 1k. I have found for the last several car purchases, that looking on cars.com and finding what I want and contacting the dealer through their web site and asking for a quote, got me the best results in terms of discounts and no hassle rather than walking in and getting whichever sales shark puts the bite on you first.

·
Registered
4,562 Posts

Cheers!
Welcome to the forum. You'll receive more responses if you create a new thread. This thread is for 2014 Challenger information such as features & specifications.

Here is an R/T priced under $28K in your area:

New 2014 Dodge Challenger R/T For Sale in Arlington, VA | Vin: 2C3CDYBT2EH213255

:icon7:

361 - 374 of 374 Posts
About this Discussion
373 Replies
122 Participants
pdx.challenger
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing