Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,
I just purchased a 2014 Challenger R/T (6-Speed) and was told by the dealer that the car was a Blacktop edition.

I did search online the features of Blacktop edition and I do have the 20" black rims, black fuel cover, BUT I DONT HAVE THE STRIPES BY MOPAR as advertised on the Dodge website.

Therefore I am wondering if my car is a true Blacktop edition and if it has the Super Track Pack.

My car is black if that helps. :)

PLEASE HELP ME

Thank you so very much!

·
Registered
212 Posts
should be on the origional window sticker if it is...could be the black top edition and the dealership just ordered it with the stripe delete option

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
should be on the origional window sticker if it is...could be the black top edition and the dealership just ordered it with the stripe delete option

Why would they do this? I see that the window sticker says black top but don't see if its the Super Track Pack (Although I read that the Blacktops come with it)

·
Registered
212 Posts
Why would they do this? I see that the window sticker says black top but don't see if its the Super Track Pack (Although I read that the Blacktops come with it)
some people don't like the stripes? it also is a -500.00 off the price...if I was ordering it there are only a few (1 or 2) stripe/color combinations that I would want

·
Registered
15,865 Posts
Your car must have stripe delete and many Blacktops did, that also allowed those cars to have other colors like Header Orange and TorRed, with stripes only Silver, Granite or Black available.

Equipment Listing

Anyway, you can enter your VIN above and will give the build sheet. You will see Sport Supension for the Super Track Pack and Antilock HD brakes for the STP brakes, Blacktop has this as standard equipment.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Yup, header orange blacktop with stripe delete here.

I bet that black on black car looks pretty bad-ass, have fun washing it, lol :). Post a pic!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I also just purchased a 2014 blacktop edition with no stripes. On my window sticker it had the option listed but it said stripe delete, which i'm glad it didn't have the stripe, I don't like the factory stripe, instead I purchased a pair of hood to fender hash stripes with the r/t logo. The blacktop option also has sport suspension, and heavy duty brakes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yup, header orange blacktop with stripe delete here.

I bet that black on black car looks pretty bad-ass, have fun washing it, lol :). Post a pic!
I prefer the black on orange look we were blessed with ;)

I plan on adding some type of black striping on the sides and swapping the spoiler for a black one, but now a lot of the Shakers and 15s I have seen have that look. I also wanted halo lights but may stay away from that to keep some separation between stylings... I guess I just have good taste!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts