Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
how do I tune this properly for the best performance? I added 5% to WOT fuel and 10% throttle booster on the 91 octane tune.

how do I know what is best? also I will be adding a throttle body from speedlogix and catch can as soon as they get here. and have k&n CAI and borla atak dual cat back and 180 degree stat not sure what else I'll be adding but right now it doesn't feel like I'm getting what I can out of it

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Log your ST and LT knock.

Your running the 91 tune but what octane fuel are you running?

You need look up what fan settings to set for your thermostat to keep it around 180. Just adding the tstat wont keep it from reaching 200+

I would take off the 5% WOT fuel until you have logged and know what it is doing on the canned tune.

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
actually tech support was the ones that told me to put the wot in since I was losing all power when I hit the gas after I put in their tune. and I am using 91 octane..

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
If you ran a log and they suggested the 5% then thats ok. Did it reduce any knock?

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't run any logs. just told them when I stomped gas it did absolutely nothing. didn't even rev. not even sure what to do with logs or how to log. do I just leave the diablosport tuner plugged in then do something on pc?

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
On the bottom row in the middle of the trinity there is a monitor option, play around with it a little and one should have the ST/LT knock already listed. Leave it plugged in while you are driving. I have mine mounted on my window and it only comes off to upload logs to the computer.

There is one gauge that has your current value in a big number, then at the bottom shows the min/max for that session. When my car turns off it turns off and when i turn my car on it comes on so I always see any time it registers any knock.

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what do you do with the cable that goes to plug in if you always drive with this in. any recommended way to place it so it won't drive me nutts?

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
I tuck it up under the dash. Dont even see it.

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
but to get up to window.. do you like run it in the doorway or something?

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
but to get up to window.. do you like run it in the doorway or something?
Yes theres a perfect space between the dash and the door that it fits in.

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't see any standard knock gauges. I see 4 available to add in custom but it just freezes up and is worthless when I try to add the gauge. Also when I tried with the standard hemi it didn't actually seem to save my log file.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
I have heard of it freezing before when trying to add a gauge to an existing layout.

Try creating your own layout by first going to Log on the very bottom right, create new log, then new layout. Do this while the engine is running and plugged up to see what all PID options you have. I believe ST and LT knock are in the misfire group but I may be wrong.

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
will it record stuff in log for things I don't have a gauge active on? like will it record all data of everything in log or only one I've manually added? I did eventually get it to save gauge but didn't have time to drive around after I got it in.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
It only records for what you have listed on the layout. You dont have to record the log, when you start your car for a drive select the monitor option and then select your layout. You can see it as it is happening. There is a gauge in there that has your current value at the top in a big number, then has a 0/0 at the bottom that will tell you the min/max for that driving session.

So it should look like

0/0
ST Knock

Then after you drive and some ST registers it will look like

0/2.5 (or whatever value is the highest it has seen)

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
the log I have recorded says st retard 0 min 0 max 2. lt retard 0 0 0. knk fuel retard 0 0 2. and then knock sensor 1 volts value 356.5 min 258.8 max 1767.6 and sensor 2 volts 366.2 min 234.4 max 2446.3

I have no clue what that all means though

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
If max is only 2 under WOT then you are good to go!

Monitor it for a while each time you drive your car to see if it gets any higher.

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
is there other things to get like super power? and what if it goes higher? is there something I should do in that case? not sure what to do with the numbers

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Super Power? Long tubes and a custom tune made the biggest improvement out of everything I have done.

If it goes higher then I would recommend changing your gas stations first, fill up a quarter tank and test it out. If it gives you more knock then run through the tank and try a different station. Keep doing this till you find the best gas in your area (least knock).

If it is consistently 2 ST and 0 LT at WOT then you have no worries.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts