Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I know I've asked this before but I need to be sure, cause I'm buying them tomorrow. I have a 2014 Challenger RT, with the stock rims on it, 20 inch. (still not clear if its 8" , 8.5 or 9" wide wheel)

http://www.aanning.com/1/RTWheel.jpg

Currently I have 245/45/20 on it - all 4, original stock rims, Tomorrow going to put on (or try)
275/40/20 on it.
Will these fit on the stock rims (2 rear wheels only) without issue?
Thanks, AJ

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I already know they will put them on (or try to) my question is...will they "go on"?
or is that an issue too? Can the "get them on"? ..and once on, will they fit right?
I don't think they will run (Im only doing rear)...but will they fit right, without bulging?
Caving in the middle, odd wearing?
So, my questions are not so much "will they do it"...but, can they do it? will there be any issues once they are on ?

thanks AJ

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
** correction, to above** I said "I don't think they will run...." meant to say,
"I don't think they will RUB......."

I already know they will put them on (or try to) my question is...will they "go on"?
or is that an issue too? Can the "get them on"? ..and once on, will they fit right?
I don't think they will RUB (Im only doing rear)...but will they fit right, without bulging?
Caving in the middle, odd wearing?
So, my questions are not so much "will they do it"...but, can they do it? will there be any issues once they are on ?

thanks AJ

·
Registered
320 Posts
Did you ever get these mounted. Did they clear the front?

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had 275/40/20 put on the back....for about an hour. When I got to tire store, the manager made the guys in back take them off. ....because he said they don't have those protruding edges just above where the rim meets the tire and too many people came back and blamed him for "their" bad driving, too close to the curb, and scraping the rims.....oh well, ....they will fit, just be careful when parking near a curb,,,as you ease in or out, you can scrap up rims. As far as the front, I never tried or had anything other than stock tires on there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts