Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
As a current AFR shaker owner that got screwed by the re introduction of PCP... THANK YOU DODGE!

What I find more interesting is the color matching grill surround. Stripes look terrible IMO.

·
Registered
515 Posts
In picture 10 it appears the shaker is purely cosmetic unless there is something I can't see at the 11:00 position behind the shaker itself.

·
Super Moderator
15,023 Posts
They could have stuck with the hood graphics and left it at that...or even just have the solid blackout around the shaker and leave the 'vibration' striping out.

The matching stripes up the roof - looks odd.

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I was thinking the exact same thing. That bottom pic sure looks like 22's to me!

It's funny, but the wheels on the "stage" car looks like 20 inchers:

However, the wheels on the "street" car looks like 22 inchers.

Hmmm? :scratchhead::scratchhead::scratchhead:

·
Registered
1,710 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,683 Posts
I love the shaker but don't care too much for the striping. That wide tape striping on the roof is really going to fade bad after a few years.

·
Registered
2012 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
24 Posts
I am more excited about the scat pack packages, as probably will be able to get my hands on one since I live in Canada. Most are made for the US market.

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
I'd like to offer a big thank you to all the aftermarket shop's out there who have come to our calling for mod's to compete with chevy and ford. The turbo's . the sc kits, dales cuda shop, Mr. Norms, Petty's performance, Arlingtons, speedfactory, Cervini, AFR..I could go on and on..Dodge wants to cut in on your efforts from what I see. You guys build our cars to keep up with the competition. Dodge? Well, their out to lunch.. The shaker Challenger reveal was a massively stupid idea. Just my opinion..

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks for saying this out loud....I have been involved in the Aftermarket Industry for 20 some years (primarily Viper Road Race cars) and I have studied many "tuners" from the 60s and 70s. It seems that large car companies want to have control of all aspects of the car business. It seems to me that if they would focus on developing and manufacturing cars and then work with the aftermarket to create performance products and then help them promote the products both groups could excel. Most aftermarket companies are very passionate about what they do... it is not always done for money...it is done because they enjoy what they do and their desire to make a vehicle better, faster, safer, and unique.
I have learned that everybody has their "guy"...you know..the company or shop that you know and trust to make your car faster and look...like your car. Do we really want all of the crazy Hot Rodders and tuners and Speed Shops to go away and only be able go to the Mopar Speed Shop at a dealership? ...just my thoughts...thanks for listening. Steve

·
Super Moderator
15,023 Posts
Looks great from the factory. About time they offered it. But they borrowed from the aftermarket scene.
100 units is complete bullcrap though. Those will be the most limited editions ever for the LC platform next to the 10 KE.
The Shaker Package is planned for 1,000 units.

Its the Mopar '14 that's limited to 100.

·
Super Moderator
15,023 Posts
Is the shaker package limited to 1000 then? I'm wondering, as to how you'd go about ordering one - and if they would all be built in a single run.
The Shakers go into production in (later) Jan '14 - I'd imagine the order banks will open up in the latter part of November / early December.

They'll be built inter-mixed with all the other models, just once all of them are built, that will be it.

The unknown will be if dealers will order these as floor stock since the starting price will be ~ $37K - what a highly equipped R/T Plus would be or R/T Classic with a couple of options.

·
Registered
681 Posts
They could have stuck with the hood graphics and left it at that...or even just have the solid blackout around the shaker and leave the 'vibration' striping out.

The matching stripes up the roof - looks odd.
Agreed. Reeks of Demon Sizzler hood striping. Yikes!

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
I never liked the shaker on this car. looks too small for this car.... maybe if it was longer and wider.???
Hopefully I will like it with time...I am all in for retro.
Stripes are horrible on the pictures above.
Orange grill surround is bad.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts