Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help needed, plz. I just picked up my Challenger today [I live in New Zealand and imported it from US] and the turn signals don't work. The hazard flashers all work, so the bulbs are okay. What should I check, as it appears not to have a fuse or relay?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
13,878 Posts
Unfortunately, the turn signal flasher does not have its own fuse. It is controlled by the TIPM (Total Integrated Power Module) located in the left (passenger) front engine compartment (fuse box) and is incorporated into the existing TIPM electronics. This, along with current monitoring, makes the replacement of a "relay" or separate flasher module a non-issue, as it does not exist.

Note: Many formerly separate control relays/timers and modules are now incorporated into the TIPM for faster assembly and cost reduction (i.e., wiper delays, interior light delays, etc.).

It is unlikely the TIPM is bad. Also, this part is quite expensive (about $700). You might want to try some simple fixes. First, check all of your connections and grounds. Take the lights apart and see if they have good connections. Make sure that they are clean and tight. Also check the grounds. (They are usually green wires).

Another thing you may want to do is to spray a little non-conductive electrical motor cleaner into the directional (where it enters the steering column). Sometimes the switches get gummed up and don't create a proper ground. Work the lever up and down after spraying it in.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Cuda340 I'll give those things a try,I did read about the TIPM....gave me a bit of a fright!.this is my first modern V8,Im hoping for an easy fix,the 3 months it sat idle during shipping might have gummed it up?.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've found by wiggling the wire from the column switch they work,so im guessing dirty terminals or a broken wire in the switch loom....anything in particular I should look for ?,thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts