Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the dealer the other day to have oil changed. The woman behind the counter said "Oh there is something here showing up." I don't know what she officially called it. I know it wasn't a TSB or a recall. In any event, she proceeds to inform me that Dodge is recommending you get this issue resolved.

Apparently they have to remove the steering column and grease some boot. They will do it for free under warranty. If it is out of warranty you will have to pay for it. Apparently some squeaking has turned up on these cars when turning the steering wheel and this is the known fix.

Just throwing it out there for those it may apply to. She couldn't tell if it was all 14's or just the SRT's or just the core.

·
Vendor
12,920 Posts
I went to the dealer the other day to have oil changed. The woman behind the counter said "Oh there is something here showing up." I don't know what she officially called it. I know it wasn't a TSB or a recall. In any event, she proceeds to inform me that Dodge is recommending you get this issue resolved.

Apparently they have to remove the steering column and grease some boot. They will do it for free under warranty. If it is out of warranty you will have to pay for it. Apparently some squeaking has turned up on these cars when turning the steering wheel and this is the known fix.

Just throwing it out there for those it may apply to. She couldn't tell if it was all 14's or just the SRT's or just the core.

RAPID RESPONSE, simply a repair to improve quality or to prevent a failure, etc
Luke

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
It was on my old 09 too but I never had it done. Mine didn't squeak or rattle and I didn't want them tearing my steering apart.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts