Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I went to the local Dodge dealer (not where I purchased the car) and attempted to get the DRL's activated. This was a second attempt/different dealer. They were not successful . Thank you to "HemiRam09" for coming to the service dept. to try and assist in getting them activated. From what they are saying, there is no code available to activate them for certain 2014 Challengers. The tech believes that the computers may be different for a Canadian and American version. I originally provided the instructions from threads on CT and this didn't work either. If anyone has a 2014 Challenger RT and you were able to get the dealer to somehow turn on your DRL's please send me a message on what dealer did it and a contact person so I can find out what the heck is going on. I guess I can live without them. The dealer did take care of my brake squeal complaint on my right rear brakes. They found the rotor was defective and replaced it. Today my SRT chin spoiler , emergency brake pedal cover and splash guards came in. I now have something to do on my days off! Just wish the weather would cooperate !
Thanks again to HemiRam09.

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
Thanks for posting.

I also need to know, since my dealer has made multiple attempts on several 2014 vehicles w/o any luck.

Let me know.

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
9,658 Posts
Are you sure the dealer has the most up to date software version on theit tool? Years back my Mazda had a trans shifting issue and the dealer couldn't fix it and just as I was going to trade in a 6 month old car I joined a Mazda owners forum and a tech had the answer. He told me the software version had to be xx.x.x or newer and my local dealer was two versions behind so they updated their machine and the car was perfect right after the flash they did.
Bottom line was it was an oversight that almost cost me a good car otherwise.

·
Registered
232 Posts
The tools are updated constantly at the dealers. We searched the options in the TIPM with no luck, we then tried to add the sales code that someone posted on here (LMK) and it was not available for his car/VIN. We even pulled in my 2013 Challenger and hooked up to the computer and I showed them where I was able to enable the DRLs in the TIPM under misc. options but it is not listed on his 2014.

·
Premium Member
9,658 Posts
The tools are updated constantly at the dealers. We searched the options in the TIPM with no luck, we then tried to add the sales code that someone posted on here (LMK) and it was not available for his car/VIN. We even pulled in my 2013 Challenger and hooked up to the computer and I showed them where I was able to enable the DRLs in the TIPM under misc. options but it is not listed on his 2014.
Very nice of you to help out a fellow member.

Reactions: aldo90731

·
Registered
111 Posts
I too am wanting to get my DRL activated on my 2014 SRT. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
15,039 Posts
Top Challenger Tips and Tricks

Guys, I hate to hear this. I too was worried that my dealer would be unable to get mine going but they did. I gave them all the printouts but told them about the sales code and they added that first. I gave them the 2014 supplemental information from sequentialtailights. I wish I knew exactly what they did but I don't.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Push comes to shove, one can always cover up the light detector on the dash.

Not a big fan of DRLs but a well place soda cap would accomplish the same thing.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm at my dealer right now having this exact same issue. No sales code LMK listed in dealer connect for my car. He brought me back into parts and showed me this list and went through every entry.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Man that is crazy Chrysler must have changef something in the system right after I got mine done.. which was in late January I believe

·
Registered
627 Posts

Not a big fan of DRLs but a well place soda cap would accomplish the same thing.
People are having their turn signal lights turned on as DRL's, only that bulb is lit. It's more for looks. Your work around turns all lights on I believe. Not the same effect.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Are you sure the dealer has the most up to date software version on theit tool? Years back my Mazda had a trans shifting issue and the dealer couldn't fix it and just as I was going to trade in a 6 month old car I joined a Mazda owners forum and a tech had the answer. He told me the software version had to be xx.x.x or newer and my local dealer was two versions behind so they updated their machine and the car was perfect right after the flash they did.
Bottom line was it was an oversight that almost cost me a good car otherwise.
Chrysler dealers work off of WiTech and that's done through the internet. They are more than likely always up to date. Chrysler is who dictates what the dealer can and can’t do, not the TIPM or software in this case. The code is still there for export build. It looks as though Chrysler changed the availability to USA builds. The TIPM part number has not had any revision changes for 2014 and is different from 2013. If someone with a 2014 has had success, it leads me to believe again that Chrysler just revoked the LMK code as a configurable from the dealers. Why, who knows.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Chrysler dealers work off of WiTech and that's done through the internet. They are more than likely always up to date. Chrysler is who dictates what the dealer can and can’t do, not the TIPM or software in this case. The code is still there for export build. It looks as though Chrysler changed the availability to USA builds. The TIPM part number has not had any revision changes for 2014 and is different from 2013. If someone with a 2014 has had success, it leads me to believe again that Chrysler just revoked the LMK code as a configurable from the dealers. Why, who knows.
Oh, I believe there's some sack of shit accountant, buried in the bowels of Auburn Hills, patting himself on the back for the $0.7852 cents he just saved Chrysler.

Either that, or a lawyer.

Reactions: rcola330

·
Registered
15,039 Posts
My car was built Jan 16 and the provision was there to add the code. Maybe see if somebody else can add the LMK, Luke?

No not the same thing, I didn't want all my lights on in the day time.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
252 Posts
People are having their turn signal lights turned on as DRL's, only that bulb is lit. It's more for looks. Your work around turns all lights on I believe. Not the same effect.

Oh. I haven't seen that around here in So Cal and I usually see at least 2 or 3 Challengers just on the home commute.

Just the signals on sounds kind of cool.

I have learned something new.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
DRL's are the illuminated turn signals, and they are not for looks, but rather for safety.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
DRL's are the illuminated turn signals, and they are not for looks, but rather for safety.
That's true, but they look real cool on my JBP RT. Those amber/orange eyes are indeed menacing.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
42 Posts
The dealer did take care of my brake squeal complaint on my right rear brakes. They found the rotor was defective and replaced it.
How can they tell if it is defective? I have only driven 4500 miles, and my breaks are making squealing noises when I stop. Almost like I need to get new break pads.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts