Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

FULL STORY & GALLERY --> 2014 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Packages | Modern Mopar Magazine

Scat Package 1 achieves a significant horsepower boost through three modifications, including a Mopar cold-air intake to provide increased air-flow into the engine, Mopar cat-back exhaust to free up downstream airflow, and an all-new performance calibrated engine controller “optimized” to the 5.7-liter HEMI engine.

Scat Package 2 adds approximately double the horsepower bump and is geared towards the performance enthusiast looking for that competitive edge. In addition to a customized, optimized performance calibration feature tailored for Scat Package 2, a new Mopar performance camshaft works in conjunction with the components of the Scat Package 1 kit to take advantage of improved engine breathing and deliver that additional acceleration advantage.

Scat Package 3 takes aim squarely at the competitive enthusiast who is looking for extreme performance and ultimate bragging rights. Gains of more than three-times that of Scat Package 1 are realized with the customized, optimized performance calibration tailored for Scat Package 3, new Mopar performance CNC ported cylinder heads, Mopar performance camshaft and Mopar hi-flow headers.

Complementing the 2014 Dodge Challenger’s ultimate performance is Mopar’s plethora of stand-alone performance products, which assure a commanding presence. The chassis sits on 20-inch Classic II forged aluminum wheels finished in Hyperblack II with a polished lip. Complementing the Scat Package kits are additional performance upgrades, including an electronic and variable quick-dump side exhaust, front and rear strut bars and an adjustable suspension kit with a coil-over kit and stabilizer bar, which guarantees an experience to please all the driving senses. Additional features include a black concept hood and side valence, along with a black fuel filler door, black hood pins and sequential tail lamps.

The interior is truly unique, upgraded with Katzkin black performance leather seats and black performance leather door-panel inserts that carry the Dodge brand’s stripes. The Dodge Challenger logo is embroidered in bright red on the front leather seats, and red stitching accents the seats, shifter boot and steering wheel. Dodge flat-bottom performance steering wheel and pistol grip shifter provide precision control of this ultimate performance Challenger. Subtle details continue with red seat-belt webbing and red carpet bindings, satin black and black chrome bezels, and gloss-black trim on the steering wheel, center stack, center console and door handles, giving this Challenger the customized looks to match its extreme performance attitude.

SCAT PACKAGE 1 5.7-liter
- Optimized engine calibration – tailored to Scat Package 1
- Mopar cold air intake
- Mopar cat-back exhaust
- "Scat Package 1" badge

SCAT PACKAGE 2 5.7-liter
Adds:
- Optimized engine calibration – tailored to Scat Package 2
- Mopar performance camshaft
- “Scat Package 2” badge

SCAT PACKAGE 3 5.7-liter
Adds:
- Optimized engine calibration – tailored to Scat Package 3
- Mopar performance ported and polished heads
- Mopar hi-flow performance headers
- "Scat Package 3" badge

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
I see words like significant, and approximately double... but where does it say what the actual Hp ratings are. Unless I missed it
Bro I'm with you. Where the hell are the numbers for these packages? Why is it so secretive. Do have to say its a breath of fresh air though. Having performance upgrades and choices from factory or dealer is always welcomed. But again, where are the power numbers?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Banned
1,079 Posts
Hmm...May just stick with the R/T line :] just wondering how much...

·
Registered
588 Posts
Man .... that pictured Challenger is HOT. Im excited about these packages. I just got my '13 last month but this has me scratching my head and thinking about trading it in next spring. I'd love to just be able to buy a challenger with these options and have everything covered under warranty. Just hope pricing doesnt get out of control.

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
Packages look good and I applaud them... but... what are the HP increases.....

·
Premium Member
3,632 Posts
But can you get this Scat Pack with the new Shaker hood system? HHHmmmm....

·
Registered
413 Posts
I wonder if this will be accessible to previous year models or only 14+ I hope it is available for my 2011. I have been wanting all of those upgrades but was worried about warranty. This may be the perfect solution

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Screw fancy paint and decals, WHAT ARE THE POWER NUMBERS ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

·
Banned
946 Posts
Well you know it can't be better then the SRT numbers so I betting that they will be around what us guys that have already installed cams are getting 430-445bhp/tq.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Screw fancy paint and decals, WHAT ARE THE POWER NUMBERS ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Knowing our beloved Chrysler, these will probably cost as much as a SRT Core and provide extremely disappointing performance gains.

I've gotten used to nothing but disappointment from Chrysler. I get they're smaller than GM and Ford, but constantly being two steps behind in the performance and quality department (yes, the Mustang may have a shitty interior, but I'd put my money on the Mustang and Camaro having far less initial and long-term quality issues than the Challenger) gets old after a while.

Still love the Challenger though.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Does anyone know if these packages are going to be continued with the 2015 model or is this only something they are doing to send this current gen out with a bang? I've been holding out for the 15' model to upgrade to an R/T but damn, this is extremely tempting.

·
Registered
81 Posts
2014 r/t

Things are what they are , we all bought the challenger for one thing LOOKS!!!! We knew they were always slower then Chevy and Ford and out handled by both...even in the 70's... Its all about having a great mix of performance looks and handling... DODGE NAILED IT PERFECTLY. So if you really want performance first go with Chevy and Ford. I for one will always bleed MOPAR. And yes i do own a Mustang GT as well but choose the Challenger hands down for its superior build quality ,ride ,and looks. :bowdown:

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
I like that they are continuing to offer neat packages to keep the interest up on the CHallenger. I didn't buy it to outrun a Mustang or a Camaro at all... I bought it because of how it looks.

Glad they have resurrected the Scat Pack name and bringing the shaker back. If the Shaker would have been avail for 2013 I would have ordered it.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
you can bet that these "upgrades" won't be any more than what you can do on your own. The Shaker Hood is not enough to get you bragging about the stages being offered.
They look great otherwise.
Bro really. ANYONE can have ANY upgrade performed on their ride with the money and mechanic to back it up. So of course these will be basic mods. But it's nice that the manufacturer is giving the public some choices. Are we ever going to be happy?

·
Registered
276 Posts
I do like that Chrysler is now offering these packages but imo why would you buy an already modded car if you're already willing to dish out the money for it? Personally I believe the journey to each of our individual build goal is half the fun! The satisfaction from each additional mod is a feeling I would not want to miss out on.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts