Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a proud owner of a new 2014 Dodge Challenger SXT and it has UCONNECT® 130S/RES, It has voice command and Bluetooth remote USB ETC.
I guess the questions I have are important decisions to make because I never want to make a mistake and do something I will regret later. I recently bought a Pioneer AVIC-Z120BT Stereo, Navigation, etc It does just about everything. After buying it I've been second guessing installing it. I want to know the opinion of other dodge owners if it would be worth installing it. The stock 2014 DODGE CHALLENGER UCONNECT® 130S/RES is cool the way it is but do wish It had navigation, video etc.

Will I loose the uconnect system when installing the after market system??
Is it worth it?
I know its going to be a matter of opinion if its something worth doing but would love to hear your opinions. I will help make the decision.
After all I DONT want it to downgrade the value of the car.
Thanks

Larry

·
Registered
329 Posts
Yes u will lose uconnect, the pioneer should give you better sound quality but until you change out the paper plate speakers you wont get the best out of it. Don't worry about value, if you want to trade in later just pop the 130 back in. I wouldn't worry about losing uconnect being that most aftermarket players have Bluetooth with the mics.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you...Its a very good unit and yes has Bluetooth with all voice command. So it does sound like it would be worth putting it in. Just wish now I would of bought a 2014 pioneer unit. Still a really good unit, so hell yea ill put it in, thanks again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts