Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 160 Posts

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey great news. I've been working with my dealer GM and SM to get the DRL lights turned on. Here is what needs to be done:

All of the new 2014 Challengers are capable of activating the DRLs. The vehicle system just has to be told they can..if that makes sense. The Engineering department is adding the ability for dealerships to turn them on to the new version of WiTech. We don't have it installed yet to verify this. What we have been doing is to have your Dealership call its Chrysler Rep. and have them add the code LMK-A to the cars Vin as an accessory.
Then the technician can reconfigure the car using WiTech and they will work. Note: They will only work with the car on and in gear though.

Enjoy

:cheers::cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
580 Posts
Thanks for working on this problem for us all. Is there any detailed information you can post here so we all don't flood Steve's inbox with the same question?

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
He said it was a process and they didn't have a exact procedure yet?

Dodge just worked up a software patch. You'd hope Dodge will issue a TSB here real soon.

I asked him and he said it was no problem. Not sure he realized the audience CT has : - )

I think emails should not be a problem.

Thanks for asking.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for sharing the info. Just spoke to my dealer and they aren't willing to call Steve to get the procedure, saying something about "if Dodge is saying it's not available on my car they can't add it for fear of losing their dealership" BS. He also said there are no STAR cases issued yet so there's nothing he can do. I guess I will wait to see if more info is posted so I can fill them in or at least direct them to who to talk to at Dodge.

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
That is great news. Now I won't have to hard wire around it.

Reactions: mr_udy

·
Registered
15,074 Posts
Well that's good news and glad you kept on them!

I wonder what changed though. My car is 220,XXX and was built Jan 15/16 and dealer followed

Tip 41 from sequentialtailights and it worked.

Wish Dodge would just let owners turn these things on or off as they please in the EVIC, why all this hassle?

Anyway, I saw the first Challenger other than mine with DRL's today, a Granite Crystal SXT/SS

and she looked really good cruising down the road. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5 Posts
You do not want to change the flash to CDN. It WILL create a lot of other issues with the program. Any dealer in the country should be able to do this upgrade. All the pieces of the puzzle are there you just have to take some time and put them together. We just took the time to do it because our GM (STEVE) asked us to do our best for our customer (DD). Steve is probably the longest running GM in the business and customer service is HUGE at our dealership. It is not a flash that Dodge put together, its just how you go about it is different. I was able to get this done with the help of our shop foreman (electrical WIZ) Andy. He was able to get some answers from a Chrysler engineer if it could even work, and I was able to get the right guy on the phone at Chrysler to help make it happen. I will share the info with your dealer if they would like. They have taken the option away from the dealer to do this so it takes getting corporate involved. I am trying to get the DRL assigned a P/N so it can be installed easily at any dealer as an accessory. I'll let ya know in the near future if it works.. Thanx Don .... [email protected]

·
Premium Member
9,680 Posts
You do not want to change the flash to CDN. It WILL create a lot of other issues with the program. Any dealer in the country should be able to do this upgrade. All the pieces of the puzzle are there you just have to take some time and put them together. We just took the time to do it because our GM (STEVE) asked us to do our best for our customer (DD). Steve is probably the longest running GM in the business and customer service is HUGE at our dealership. It is not a flash that Dodge put together, its just how you go about it is different. I was able to get this done with the help of our shop foreman (electrical WIZ) Andy. He was able to get some answers from a Chrysler engineer if it could even work, and I was able to get the right guy on the phone at Chrysler to help make it happen. I will share the info with your dealer if they would like. They have taken the option away from the dealer to do this so it takes getting corporate involved. I am trying to get the DRL assigned a P/N so it can be installed easily at any dealer as an accessory. I'll let ya know in the near future if it works.. Thanx Don .... [email protected]
If only every car dealership had a Steve and crew of caring techs, good job!
Once upon a time this was how business was done. Kudos to Carson Dodge!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Please do keep us updated. I would love to be able to get my DRLs turned on but I can't find a dealership in Oklahoma that has that much drive and willing to actually help a customer.

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Same here. I checked for the patch at my dealer yesterday and there was no information in the STAR system for DRL's at all.

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
I did. No TSB on this yet. We could not get mine on. It would be very helpful if you could list the steps vs asking a tech to call another. Most techs just don't want to do this. If you could give us or me a Chrysler National Number to call that would get a call. Thanks for your help! :)

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
I wonder if this is something Diablosport can build as an option into their tuners?

Reactions: Harley88
1 - 20 of 160 Posts