1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 challenger r/t with Uconnect 130 AM/FM/CD/MP3
SIRIUS Satellite Radio
Uconnect Voice Command w/Bluetooth

What year Stock nav unit can I get that will be plug and play ? Im not sure if the 2014 is a high or low speed. Or what units are actualy interchangeable :)

I am going to search and see what I can find but my search foo is weak.

thanks

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I believe anything past 11 is direct plug and play. The radios your looking for is a low speed radio. The REN radio had a Bluetooth module built in and will require a new wire harness from the radio to the mirror. Im sure someone will chime in with more info.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so even if my car has bluetooth I may still need a wire harness to upgrade to a nav head unit ?

Also if I plan on adding a back up cam will I need a lock pick ? If I dont do the back up cam will I need a lock pick

So would a RER 5064816AD work

thanks

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
RHB would be the ideal radio since it has the Bluetooth module separate. If you get the RER it has Bluetooth built in and will require the new wire harness. Your plain radio has the Bluetooth module separate which is located just behind the glove compartment so you will not have to make any changes. If you buy a used one, make certain you get the anti theft code or the radio will be locked out once you install it in your car.
I forgot to answer the rest of your questions. You will only need a lock pick if you are adding cameras but is nice for the inputting navigation addresses while the car is in motion. Also, the RER is a older navigation radio which uses a separate navigation antenna. The newer ones use the oem Sirius antenna with no other modification.
You might research the RHR radio which replaced the older RER radio. I know the RER has Bluetooth built in but I'm not sure about the RHR navigation radio.
One other thing to keep in mind, not trying to confuse you or make it complicated, make sure the radio is low speed as you mentioned, and that the mounting tabs for the install are on the sides not the top and bottoms like the Ram trucks and Durangos use.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts