Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Plans for our 7th annual trip are now fully underway and we are starting to book some of our rooms. In the last few years we had had a few of you join us on our yearly October trip. We've had members from MA, MI & NY join us and we're always looking for more. If you plan on joining us this year and have some friends with other types of American muscle cars, spread the word to them too. We like variety!

For the first time ever, we will be starting things off from a location right on the Atlantic Coast. It will all officially get underway Saturday, October 4, 2014 from our host hotel in the historic & picturesque area of Cape Ann in Massachusetts. Cape Ann is made up of 4 different towns including Essex, Gloucester, Rockport & Manchester by the Sea. Gloucester is one of the biggest fishing ports in all of the United States and Rockport is a small seaside village that is made up of galleries, museums and beaches.

For those of you that joined us on our Spring run in 2013 you will recognize a bit of the route, but for the others you will get to appreciate the sights that include some of the tough & rugged shores of the North Atlantic. Along the way we will be cruising along 40 miles of the Essex Coastal Scenic Byway, through places like Gloucester "America's Oldest Seaport" and the small seaside village of Rockport, before continuing north along the coast through places like Newburyport, Massachusetts, which claims to be the birthplace of the United States coast Guard.

From there the trip will continue along the coast & possibly bring through some the more popular beach areas (Sailsbury Beach & Hampton Beach)in MA and NH, while heading toward Portsmouth, New Hampshire before finally touching into Maine and then heading northwest into the Lakes Region Of New Hampshire for our Saturday night stay.

Sunday's leg will be bringing us though northern Vermont and depending how everything shapes up, we might even end up bunking in New York on Sunday night.

As usual and definitely moreso than last year, we will have plenty of interesting "point of interest" stops along the way, which should include at least a couple of museums this year. Also, being that people seemed to be looking for something to do on Monday, we will also have something interesting planned for that day as well.

For those people that are coming into the area on Thursday, you can message me through the site, or email me through NERR's email address and depending what you are looking to do, I can get you some information on places to stay that night.

Just to give some of you an idea of your drive times. If you have stayed near Mt Wachusett in past years, Rockport is about 2 hours from there. For those of you joining us for a nice cruise to our hotel on Friday, we will be leaving directly from my house that morning. I live about 1 1/2 hours from Mt Wachusett & if we took a direct route to Rockport (which you know we won't) it would be under 45 minutes away. The plan is to make a stop or two along the way and then still be there for lunch, so people have the time to check out and enjoy the surrounding area.

For those of you that are joining us for the first time, this is just a very rough outline of where we will be going. As things come together, there will be separate threads for each night's lodging location. There will also be a more solid itinerary posted up as the trip gets closer, that will include our planned stops and activities. The final route maps usually comes out a few weeks before we actually leave. This gives me plenty of time to put the final tweaks on the trip & route, just in case things need to change, as they have in past years because of road construction, hurricanes & floods.

Full details can be found here: Categories - RodRun

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I can pretty much guarantee that once you went once, you would never miss another trip. The ONLY regrets I've ever heard from participants, is that they wish they did the whole trip.

Many first-timers have joined us for partial trips in the past. That is always an option seeing it costs nothing to join. Seems to be a regrettable option, but if that's all someone can do, it's always better than nothing

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
This really isn't a MOPAR meet. It's more like a mini Hot Rod Power Tour. We try to focus more on all types of American muscle. We like to have every American manufacturer represented and the more variety the better. After 7 years of trips, we are actually still looking for our first AMC to join us.

Here are just a few pics from last year's run. If you look us up on Facebook, there are literally hundreds more pics on there. If you head over to our website, you can also find links to videos from years past too.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In past years we have had people join us from all over, including MA, NH, RI, CT, NY, NJ, PA, MD & MI. We always have some attendees join us from Canada every year too. This has started to grow into something a little bigger than just your usual northeast type of gathering.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awesome.... We'd love to have you. Just make sure you keep an eye on the latest happenings because I don't' get to update on this forum to often and hotel rooms go quick.

Every year we have people miss out on a great time, because they wait to long to book their rooms and can't get lodging

·
Registered
56 Posts
It killed me not to be able to participate last year, especially seeing as how I was in Wakefield, New Hampshire that weekend anyway. ( I am from Long Island). I really hope to make the run next year, I am going to mark that weekend on the calendar.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Last year, was our second year straight a couple from L.I. joined us on the run. We get people from NY every year, even from the Buffalo and Syracuse areas. We've had everything from Tri-Five Chevys, to 60's Vettes and Wagons, all the way up to the new Challengers from your home state.

·
Registered
221 Posts
We are booked for Friday night and waiting on details for the reminder of the nights. A good time is always had by all that attend. This will be our third year.

·
Premium Member
2009 Dodge Challenger
657 Posts
Looks like a fun drive and event. I'd go, but can't. Putting more stuff into the car.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Looks like a fun drive and event. I'd go, but can't. Putting more stuff into the car.
Sometimes people spend to much time working on their cars and not enjoying them. I try to do all my work over the winter, that way I can enjoy them when the season finally gets here

I will keep this in mind although my car is usually in storage by october, im surprised you have it that late?
That's way to early to put the toys away.

A lot of thought and planning goes into these trips and there are many, many reasons why we have the run at that time of year. We've done it that way for seven years straight and it definitely works out great.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts