Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i just ordered my retirement present to myself and i have to say. I feel like a young kid waiting for christmas lol. i cant take pictures due to i dont have the car until February. trying to get the TA hood installed before it ships out here.

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
Congrats (maybe a little early) on your new purchase! Good to hear you are going with the TA hood, but then again I am probably a little partial to that mod.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys, car is already purchased i just have to wait for them to build it and ship it here. my biggest concern is trying to get the hood on. apparently i can only have it put on with the rt core or plus but not the classic. so they are trying to get a dealership to put it on enroute.

·
Registered
7,268 Posts
Welcome to CT :)

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Early congrats and welcome to the Mopar family.

The Challenger turns heads here; I imagine it will break necks over there!

Make sure to post some shots when you get it. Especially against a gorgeous German landscape.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
112 Posts
Welcome from Houston, TX :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
update

ok so i had to have the upgraded axles on, i have to get the automatic due to my knees but i dont like the fact that i can only have a 3.06 gears. luckly its a mercedes rear end so i can get gears no problem. sold my evo so now i will have 11k to spend on the car. i am thinking scat pack. what is yours guys opinion. scat pack or supercharger? scat will be more and i love boost but i like the fact that scat pack would make the car a specialty vehicle.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Envious. I really dig the Plum Crazy but I wasn't going to go all the way up to the SRT, so I stuck with blue. Was surprised to see how much of a muscle car following there was in Germany/Sweden (especially the vintage side.) Ran across MoStuffStockholm and they seem to know what they're doing, lots of great photos from one of their users over here: Flickr: MoStuff Sthlm's Photostream

Congratulations on the new wheels!

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
ok so i had to have the upgraded axles on, i have to get the automatic due to my knees but i dont like the fact that i can only have a 3.06 gears. luckly its a mercedes rear end so i can get gears no problem. sold my evo so now i will have 11k to spend on the car. i am thinking scat pack. what is yours guys opinion. scat pack or supercharger? scat will be more and i love boost but i like the fact that scat pack would make the car a specialty vehicle.
Enjoy your car, it will definitely turn heads in Germany.

The 3.06 gears are a perfect match for the 5 speed automatic since they have a lower first gear than the 6 speeds. I would never change out the gears unless you're wanting it more as a drag car, or always the quickest from a red light.

The NAG1 auto transmissions in these cars have a 3.59 first gear ratio compared to a 2.97 first gear ratio in the 6 speeds. With 3.92 gears and the auto trans, first gear would just spin the tires, pretty hard to control with stock tires. Further more, 5th gear in the auto is .83 overdrive vs. a .50 ratio for the 6 speed, which is needed for the 6 speed to get any decent mileage. The mileage with the auto and 3.92 gears would probably require a "Gas Guzzler" tax here in the U.S.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
good to know about the gear ratio. i am looking to be able to daily drive this car and go to the track and turn low 12's. the next big struggle is dodge is saying that the classic can not have the mopar exterior package. i need to find a way around this. shipping is very expensive out here.

The germans love anything that is americana. muscle cars is top of their list. i am sure i will turn a lot of heads with a PCP challenger lol

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
good to know about the gear ratio. i am looking to be able to daily drive this car and go to the track and turn low 12's. the next big struggle is dodge is saying that the classic can not have the mopar exterior package. i need to find a way around this. shipping is very expensive out here.

The germans love anything that is americana. muscle cars is top of their list. i am sure i will turn a lot of heads with a PCP challenger lol
I did just the opposite of you, I ordered a fully loaded R/T Plus with the Mopar Package, then just changed the stripes to the R/T Classic stripes. The only issue there, is that you can't get the R/T Plus in PCP.

Good luck getting the hoods swapped out.

Also, for what it's worth, probably the quickest way to get it down to low 12's will be 3.92 gears and a stall speed convertor. It'll still be streetable, but will rev a bit more on the highway, and depending on the amount of stall, stop and go traffic can get to be a *****.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Welcome aboard! :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts