Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received notification of a recall that actually sounds pretty serious. I have to take my 2014 SXT in so they can replace it.

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
I just received notification of a recall that actually sounds pretty serious. I have to take my 2014 SXT in so they can replace it.
Many of us have received this recall and it is serious. I don't know what unit is on the SXT, but the 160amp unit for my '12 R/T is unavailable at this time. Personally, my car has been fine, but some folks here have had multiple replacements and are still having issues. Good luck.

Paul

·
Registered
Boosted Stroked 2014 Shaker M6
2,461 Posts
Many of us have received this recall and it is serious. I don't know what unit is on the SXT, but the 160amp unit for my '12 R/T is unavailable at this time. Personally, my car has been fine, but some folks here have had multiple replacements and are still having issues. Good luck.

Paul
Not issues, nightmares... :argh:

·
Premium Member
561 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yea, I got one of those too for my 2013 RT.
Have yet to hear any word on them having any parts available to fix it. Haven't noticed any issues with it yet but I don't drive it much either.

·
Registered
184 Posts
This may be a stupid question but if it's a recall and they don't have parts why not get an aftermarket part and then submit a reimbursement claim for the repair?
They aren't cheap but Mechman has some nice alternators.

Personally I would call the dodge cares phone number and talk to them about having a local shop replace the part since they can't do it in a timely manner.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Customer care "understands" ROFLOL

I received my Recall Notice about the Diode issue 10 month's ago end of April beginning of May 2017 I talked to Dodge Customer Care yesterday about a separate issue but did ask about this recall and when it was going to be resolved,,,,their answer" we don't know Sir the parts are not available" my next question was what happens if it fails doing 75 mile an hour down the interstate and it causes a accident you guys at Dodge gonna pay that Bill ??? "We understand your concern Sir but the parts are not available " I ask about aftermarket they said if it fails get your car to a Dodge dealer they will install an aftermarket alternator and you can submit that bill for reimbersment . My response was young Lady I have a life time service warranty from Mopar I aint paying for shit. I guess what they are saying is there wont be a fix. My head lights contineualy strobe/flicker when they are on I just hope it doent catch fire.

·
Registered
Boosted Stroked 2014 Shaker M6
2,461 Posts
I received my Recall Notice about the Diode issue 10 month's ago end of April beginning of May 2017 I talked to Dodge Customer Care yesterday about a separate issue but did ask about this recall and when it was going to be resolved,,,,their answer" we don't know Sir the parts are not available" my next question was what happens if it fails doing 75 mile an hour down the interstate and it causes a accident you guys at Dodge gonna pay that Bill ??? "We understand your concern Sir but the parts are not available " I ask about aftermarket they said if it fails get your car to a Dodge dealer they will install an aftermarket alternator and you can submit that bill for reimbersment . My response was young Lady I have a life time service warranty from Mopar I aint paying for shit. I guess what they are saying is there wont be a fix. My head lights contineualy strobe/flicker when they are on I just hope it doent catch fire.
It will take a class action law suit to fix Dodge Customer Care... :smiley35: :saythat:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts