Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Guys.

So Long story, I've loved the Challengers since they came out, within the last year "2013" I started paying attention to them, even went to a dealer to get some pamphlets. Well.... Next month i'm very fortunate, and could possibly be in a financial position to make a purchase. Now.. Since I saw the 2015 Green RT unveiled, I've been in love with that. So I have no problem waiting.

However, I have R/T fever ;P there is a 2014 6 speed R/T Hemi Orange with very low miles in my area. It's priced under 30K. So now I'm at a stand still....

My long term goal was this. Wait for 2015 prices to release, see if i can afford a 2015 RT 392, if not.. settle for the 2015 RT. BUT, I'll be paying top dealer dollar. A process I am not looking forward to going into. (Perhaps buy in December????) Plus I need to wait a few more months, which I don't mind. Gives me something to focus on.

OR

I could jump on this Hemi Orange if it's still avail in 1 month. Would I be happy? "YEA!" but there will always be that "What If"

I don't mind the orange either, i think it looks fabulous. but my dream car is the green RT. I think I'm answering my own question....

Have any of the SRT/392 owners driven a RT ??? The power difference , is it night and day??? this goes for all of you RT owners, have you been in a SRT/392 ?

I know the cars are different, i'm talking from an engine standpoint. If I can do it, it's definitely worth the wait... right???

I need 10 replies telling me to wait get the RT/392 and make me feel better. So i can delete this 2014 RT bookmark I have :cowtounge:

·
Premium Member
10,044 Posts
If the green car is your dream car then you must wait.
Yes there is a difference in power between the 5.7 and the 6.4 BUT The R/T is a fine car and has plenty of power unless you're going to race it.
If there was a Stinger Yellow R/T Classic available when I went looking I would have that instead.
Don't second guess yourself or you will regret it.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Wait for the 2015. If you can't afford the 6.4 you could still buy a sublime green rt with the 5.7 anyway... The last thing you would want is to by the orange rt and one day pull up to a sublime challenger. You don't want to settle on a purchase like this. Get the one you really want.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: sfmadmax

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
You guys are awesome!

That's it, I'm waiting.. end of story.. I deleted the bookmark for the used 2014.
My early Mid Life Crisis (in my 30's) has officially begun :thumbsup:

So , I'll wait for the 6.4 RT , Here is hoping that it will be under 40k. I'm not planning on racing. I think it's the comfort and assurance that I know my car is powerful, not to mention occasionally open it up when no one is around.

If not . the 5.7 in Sublime is where my money will go, as pietran30 said. The last thing I would want is a green one pulling up next to me.

Reactions: brampton builder

·
Registered
410 Posts
If your desire is a sublime just wait. Don't buy now and regret later, it will always haunt you.I know the itch you feel to hop in one of these awesome cars but don't jump the gun, get what you want even if you have to spend a little and wait a little longer.
I'm a torRed fan, love red! I got what I wanted so should you! Just hold out then you will have a big smile on your face while you are driving your awesome sublime R/T 5.7 or 392.
Good things come to those who wait.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Take it from me. I really wanted a 5.7 R/T in B5 blue but settled for a 3.6 SE Rallye. I, of course, loved it, but grew tired of it after long. Should have waited but really wanted a Challenger.

Ever since sublime was rumored to be coming to the Challenger I've wanted that color. Even more than the blue. I really want a shaker sublime with 8 speed auto and all the fancy tech stuff.

Have patience. Get exactly what you want when spending this much money. Or you will regret it

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
You guys are awesome!

That's it, I'm waiting.. end of story.. I deleted the bookmark for the used 2014.
My early Mid Life Crisis (in my 30's) has officially begun :thumbsup:

So , I'll wait for the 6.4 RT , Here is hoping that it will be under 40k. I'm not planning on racing. I think it's the comfort and assurance that I know my car is powerful, not to mention occasionally open it up when no one is around.

If not . the 5.7 in Sublime is where my money will go, as pietran30 said. The last thing I would want is a green one pulling up next to me.
Couple of things: minor point is if you were looking at a 2014 RT it was Header Orange and not Hemi Orange. To us orange Challenger owners its a big deal. To the rest of the world probably not so much. Hemi orange (not available in 2014) is a pearl coat and is more of a deep redish orange compared to Header Orange. Plus you could only get Hemi orange on Hemi powered Challengers. You could get a Header Orange Dart. Second, I seriously doubt that the 392 RTs will be as cheap as the current 5.7s. Will be more like the 39-43K range I'm guessing. At least. If you want a 392 and like the new dash, wait for the 2015s. If that doesn't matter, there will be great deals on leftover 2014s. Either way you'll have a fantastic car that you'll love to drive. I attached a pic of my Hemi Orange RT.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
I haven't seen a 14 R/T Shaker with the 5.7 for under 40 so I'd say it's pretty unlikely the 6.4 will be. That said wait for what you want. Mine's a 13 bought last August and if I had it to do over again I would've waited a year.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Definitely wait for the '15!

·
Registered
748 Posts
Good things come to those who wait.

If you flip cars, who cares. But if you buy and hold 10 years like I do when I find what I REALLY want, then I want it just the way I want it. I don't want to have a regret every day for 10 years after the honeymoon wears off.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I'm glad to see you are going to wait. If color and the right engine is a big deal to you then you need to wait so you can have both! I was about to grab a Stinger Yellow (2nd fav color on these cars) car that I had a great deal on but like another poster said I was going to be miffed when a Plum Crazy rolled up next to me. I couldn't be happier for waiting and now when I see a Stinger Yellow car, I say "Nice Challenger" but still would not give up my PCP for it or any other color.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the kind words!! Yes. So I've been out of control lately. My mind wandering and assuring myself this is for the best. I'm thinking I might just wait until next year. Right in the springtime. I think everyone is in agreement that the 392rt will be in the 40 k'ish range. I'm hoping high 30s . my goal is to finish saving up my account so I can put 10k down finance that into some nice managable payment.

My wife was laughing at me today. She caught me staring out the window of my sunporch with my work laptop open on the rt pics.

Just curious does the back seat have safety latches for car seats? My 2 year old (probably 3 when I buy it) may want a ride ;)

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
Hey Guys.

So Long story, I've loved the Challengers since they came out, within the last year "2013" I started paying attention to them, even went to a dealer to get some pamphlets. Well.... Next month i'm very fortunate, and could possibly be in a financial position to make a purchase. Now.. Since I saw the 2015 Green RT unveiled, I've been in love with that. So I have no problem waiting.

However, I have R/T fever ;P there is a 2014 6 speed R/T Hemi Orange with very low miles in my area. It's priced under 30K. So now I'm at a stand still....

My long term goal was this. Wait for 2015 prices to release, see if i can afford a 2015 RT 392, if not.. settle for the 2015 RT. BUT, I'll be paying top dealer dollar. A process I am not looking forward to going into. (Perhaps buy in December????) Plus I need to wait a few more months, which I don't mind. Gives me something to focus on.

OR

I could jump on this Hemi Orange if it's still avail in 1 month. Would I be happy? "YEA!" but there will always be that "What If"

I don't mind the orange either, i think it looks fabulous. but my dream car is the green RT. I think I'm answering my own question....

Have any of the SRT/392 owners driven a RT ??? The power difference , is it night and day??? this goes for all of you RT owners, have you been in a SRT/392 ?

I know the cars are different, i'm talking from an engine standpoint. If I can do it, it's definitely worth the wait... right???

I need 10 replies telling me to wait get the RT/392 and make me feel better. So i can delete this 2014 RT bookmark I have :cowtounge:
I'll sell ya my 14 so that I can buy a 15. :p

Justin

·
Premium Member
5,645 Posts
Waiting should be the least of your concerns...

Power and Brembo brakes, should be first and foremost. If not, than you can scratch SRT and 15' SCAT RT off your list. Perhaps even get an SXT. Those have good creature comforts. They look good.

But if you want the real McCoy...get the SRT or 6.4 RT. I bought an RT. Great car, but I traded it 8 months later. Why not DO YOURSELF A FAVOR, skip that possibility...and get the SRT. Or RT SCAT with 6.4 (as you can always add adaptive suspension later).

Q: "If not . the 5.7 in Sublime is where my money will go, as pietran30 said. The last thing I would want is a green one pulling up next to me."

Me: Not really. Not if your black, red or whatever car had a 6.4 and Brembos. Any regrets would disappear when you plant the accelerator and leave the puke green car in your "burnt rubber wake." Why not order a puke green 6.4? It may be colored like baby crap, but it would be [email protected] It would be FAR better to get a low mileage 2011 6.4 over a brand new 15,' 5.7.

·
Premium Member
1,319 Posts
Power and Brembo brakes, should be first and foremost. If not, than you can scratch SRT and 15' SCAT RT off your list. Perhaps even get an SXT. Those have good creature comforts. They look good.

But if you want the real McCoy...get the SRT or 6.4 RT. I bought an RT. Great car, but I traded it 8 months later. Why not DO YOURSELF A FAVOR, skip that possibility...and get the SRT. Or RT SCAT with 6.4 (as you can always add adaptive suspension later).

Q: "If not . the 5.7 in Sublime is where my money will go, as pietran30 said. The last thing I would want is a green one pulling up next to me."

Me: Not really. Not if your black, red or whatever car had a 6.4 and Brembos. Any regrets would disappear when you plant the accelerator and leave the puke green car in your "burnt rubber wake." Why not order a puke green 6.4? It may be colored like baby crap, but it would be [email protected] It would be FAR better to get a low mileage 2011 6.4 over a brand new 15,' 5.7.
thinking about selling my "puke" green 11 392 SC for a new "puke" green 15.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Went to Walmart today @ Plaistow NH around 12PM, saw an Orange pre 2011 SRT, (Had the dodge emblem in the front, is that pre-2011 ?? )

Guy got in with his wife/gf and started it up. Sounded so great. I was going to talk to him but didn't want to come off creepy.

He pulled out and I could hear the roar of the v8 all the way down the street. Man,, i got the itch, just gotta be patient. :)

I'm trolling the used car ads again, need to stop ;P

·
Registered
25 Posts
I will agree with the others and say wait for the 15. If you like it in pictures you will like it even more in person. On most cars the color doesn't really make much of a difference however on the challenger it can make all the difference. Seeing a header orange challenger on the lot is what enticed me to buy one in the first place. I feel that the 5.7 RT is more than enough in a daily driver. Do I want more power? Of course but when I bought my RT I could afford an RT. I was not able to afford ir justify the SRT and that has not bothered me one bit.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Went to Walmart today @ Plaistow NH around 12PM, saw an Orange pre 2011 SRT, (Had the dodge emblem in the front, is that pre-2011 ?? )

Guy got in with his wife/gf and started it up. Sounded so great. I was going to talk to him but didn't want to come off creepy.

He pulled out and I could hear the roar of the v8 all the way down the street. Man,, i got the itch, just gotta be patient. :)

I'm trolling the used car ads again, need to stop ;P
The Dodge emblem was standard on 2008-2010 model cars. Challengers owners are usually friendly appreciative enthusiasts. Unlike most of the Mustang/Camaro crowd.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts