Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying to purchase a 2014 Rt Shaker and wanted the manual. I was told and looked it up as well that there is no way to get the manual with Limited Slip?

What gives with that?:SM127:

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
Get super trac pac

I'm surprised it doesn't come with the car (classic Dodge rip off--pay big $$ for a less performance). If you don't, you'll end up with a weak handling car with a cool hood scoop. It will sit too high...and be stupid looking...and worse yet...it won't live up to it's phony scoop.

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,246 Posts
Like everybody has said all the six speeds get a LSD. You can't trust many salesman to know this stuff, unfortunately a lot of them just aren't up on the options the way we are here.

·
Premium Member
9,360 Posts
Like everybody has said all the six speeds get a LSD. You can't trust many salesman to know this stuff, unfortunately a lot of them just aren't up on the options the way we are here.
Because we are hyper focused on one model only. You are correct the best info is found here.

·
Registered
14,285 Posts
I'm surprised it doesn't come with the car (classic Dodge rip off--pay big $$ for a less performance). If you don't, you'll end up with a weak handling car with a cool hood scoop. It will sit too high...and be stupid looking...and worse yet...it won't live up to it's phony scoop.
The Shaker package includes Super Track Pak so all will have it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Shaker package includes Super Track Pak so all will have it.
Thank you Slidd for all the information. When I talked to the Dealer I even asked if the super track pack had it. The answer was it is not listed.

Ive always wondered if these dealer would know all of this if they would sell more?

I have a few more since there is a lot of people that know all of the options.

I am wanting the SRT steering wheel and seats. I was told that the Shaker Package did have all of those?

About the only thing missing would be the Brembo brakes and SRT suspension. Is that true?

I have always wanted an SRT in Toxic Orange but looks like this will be the best bet fully loaded and then add a super charger?

·
Premium Member
1,642 Posts
My information indicates that you CAN order a Challenger R/T with the Shaker Package. The information is the current Code Guide book (used by dealers for ordering.)

The package includes:
"SHAKER" DECAL - UNDERHOOD (MH4)
20X8.0 ALUMINUM WHEELS (WSN)
245/45ZR20 BSW PERF TIRES (TVH)
276 WATT AMPLIFIER (RD7)
3.92 REAR AXLE RATIO (DMH)
6 BOSTON ACOUSTICS SPEAKERS (RC6)
BLACK INSTR. PANEL BEZEL (JBC)
BODY COLOR/ACCENT COLOR GRILLE (MF4)
BODY COLOR EXTERIOR MIRRORS (LEP)
BRIGHT PEDALS (XAR)
DASH PLAQUE (XHP)
ELECTRONICS CONVENIENCE GROUP (AFC)
GOODYEAR BRAND TIRES (TZA)
HEATED FRONT SEATS (JPM)
MOPAR SHAKER HOOD (MHN)
MOPAR SHAKER INTAKE (MH2)
PAINTED FUEL FILLER DOOR (XJ8)
PARKSENSE REAR PARK ASSIST SYSTEM (XAA)
PERFORMANCE STEERING WHEEL (SC5)
PERF STEERING W/VAR DISPLACEMENT (SBF)
POWER HEATED MIRRORS, FOLD-AWAY (GUK)
REAR BLACK SPOILER (MXP)
SECURITY ALARM (LSA)
SHAKER GRAPHICS (MH3)
SHAKER PACKAGE (AZS)
SPORT SUSPENSION (SDE)
TEMPERATURE & COMPASS GAUGE (JFJ)
TIRE PRESSURE MONITORING DISPLAY (XGM)
ULTRA PREMIUM LEATHER SEATS (*SJ)
UNIVERSAL GARAGE DOOR OPENER (XGD)

·
Super Moderator
15,385 Posts
I am wanting the SRT steering wheel and seats. I was told that the Shaker Package did have all of those?

About the only thing missing would be the Brembo brakes and SRT suspension. Is that true?

I have always wanted an SRT in Toxic Orange but looks like this will be the best bet fully loaded and then add a super charger?
The Shaker package gets the R/T style seats, and it has the flat-bottom steering wheel, similar to the SRT version (not heated though). The interior upholstery (seats, door panels) are a specific Shaker package the stitching mimics the strobed "shaker" with varied widths vs. the same spaced pleats on regular R/T seats.

Dark Slate interior has Sepia stitching with Shaker embroidery on the front seatbacks. The Radar red interior gets red stitching if that interior color is selected.

Toxic Orange is an '11 color, the only orange color offered is Header Orange (brighter shade than Hemi Orange, and no pearl...solid color).

At this point, the allocation of 2,000 Shaker Pkg R/Ts are allegedly all filled - your best bet would be searching dealer inventories on a color that you want. This package is limited to 7 colors.

From what I've heard, the 2K Shaker orders filled within 4 days of when it opened up for ordering...

The SRT premium seats are offered in the R/T Classic, FYI.

·
Premium Member
1,642 Posts
I was trying to purchase a 2014 Rt Shaker and wanted the manual. I was told and looked it up as well that there is no way to get the manual with Limited Slip?

What gives with that?:SM127:
The manual has the LSD rear standard....
The anti-spin differential is standard on Challenger R/T with manual transmission. If you option up to an automatic transmission, the anti-spin differential is offered as an optional upgrade.

·
Premium Member
1,642 Posts
So what your saying is the ordering is still available for the RT shaker ?
The code guide book dated 1/29/14 indicates it is. The limit is going to be 2000 units. No restrictions are showing in the ordering system - yet. It would have to be a sold order at a dealer that has allocation left. For those who don't know, each dealer is only allocated so many units when there are only so many vehicles available.

If someone orders one - say this weekend, and gets a VON (vehicle order number), PM the VON number and your name and phone number.

EDIT: :headbang: Now I have someone else saying they have all the orders they can fill. Yes, we all do work for the same company.

1,931 Posts
My information indicates that you CAN order a Challenger R/T with the Shaker Package. The information is the current Code Guide book (used by dealers for ordering.)

)

I asked my dealer last week if they had ordered one and they said they had forgot. When he checked he said the Shaker was no longer available. I also noticed Dodge removed the Shaker option from the "build & price" on their website last week. It is now listed again.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I think there may be some bad info floating around, otherwise known as false rumors... .i ordered a header orange shaker edition today....jan 31....now, what's really odd...dealer told me pcp was not available....he even showed me the "order screen" on
computer...hmm, maybe they limited number of pcp's????....oh well, we'll see what happens

1 - 20 of 29 Posts