Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my 2014 shaker and had the dealer check the 4 wheel alignment and if it was out to do the 4 wheel alignment which is free for the first year from dodge. My alignment was good HOWEVER, the service mgr who I know is also a member at these challenger forums told me that when he checked the alignment specs on the car with the R/T specs it was way off however, when they punched in the SRT spects, it was spot on with those. must be the shaker suspensions. my car steers straight and feels good going down the highway, so maybe the shakers use the srt specs.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I suspect any of the models from Plus on up with performance tuned suspension have the ST specs.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
did they give you a print out of the way your car's alignment is set up? I got a print out of mine when they checked and moved things around a little, before and after specs. mine is a STP equipped car too, isn't that what the "Shaker" has?

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My shaker has a mean stance. it looks lower in the front and has a very aggressive look to it. my 13 R/T Plus sat more level & had the 18 inch wheels with the Michelin pilot all season tires which I really liked. the 20 inch wheels on the shaker look nice and are wider but I think the goodyear eagles are not so good in cold weather, a guy who has a 12 r/t has them and said when the roads are dry and below 40, the tires feel like there are hockey pucks underneath them and he has to be more careful making turns & stopping. I am not sure if it is these shaker goodyears or not.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
they are "Super Track Pack" Goodyears, the STP cars sit lower and ride differently than a non-STP equipped R/T with 18" wheels and all that goes with the STP package. I guess it's according to how aggressive you drive the car in below 40 degree weather, I drove mine all winter and they did get a little slippery below 30 but in general were not dangerous to drive if you drove reasonably.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts