Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I'm in a loop debating on purchasing a 2014 shaker challenger or waiting for the 2015 challenger RT from the dodge dealership I work for? Which would you guys go for a why? Thanks

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
I would definitely go for the 2015.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
No one really knows for sure if they will even like everything about the 2015 changes, kind of hard to answer that question. If you're patient enough to wait, go for it, if not you could be driving a Challenger now.

Reactions: iamawild1

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
In general, first year of a new model tends to have the most flaws. My Dad always said "don't buy the first year of anything!" That said, my father-in-law bought a new style 2009 Ram and has had no issues, so...?

Good luck!

With the 2015 upgrades planned, I would wait for an 8spd version...

JS

·
Registered
748 Posts
I won't buy the first year of any new model.
2015 is a new model? I thought it was a refresh. Is the entire platform changed, or just the front and rear clips? The new electrical could have some bugs to work out, but I did not think the 2015 was a ground up new model.

Anyway to the OP, if you wait for the 2015 and don't like it, you can always buy a '14. If you get a 2014 Shaker, you run the small risk that you will wish you waited to see the 2015.

Frankly, I doubt you can go wrong either way. It is still a Challenger!

·
Registered
82 Posts
There will be 2014 models still on the dealer lots when the 2015 comes out. So if you don't like the 2015 you can buy the 2014 cheaper because of the new model year. Just my thoughts.

·
Registered
748 Posts
There will be 2014 models still on the dealer lots when the 2015 comes out. So if you don't like the 2015 you can buy the 2014 cheaper because of the new model year. Just my thoughts.
Yes. Unveiling is March, and they continue building 2014s until June or July, so lots of overlap there to decide.

I'm in the same boat waiting to see the 2015 and getting all the official specs before deciding.

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
2015 is a new model? I thought it was a refresh. Is the entire platform changed, or just the front and rear clips? The new electrical could have some bugs to work out, but I did not think the 2015 was a ground up new model.

Anyway to the OP, if you wait for the 2015 and don't like it, you can always buy a '14. If you get a 2014 Shaker, you run the small risk that you will wish you waited to see the 2015.

Frankly, I doubt you can go wrong either way. It is still a Challenger!
They're saying it's front and rear, interior, lighter suspension (to lighten the whole car), and more HP for the 2015.

I'd hold off. It's not like they won't be building 2015's with factory shaker hoods... Might as well get the additional HP and a lighter car.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I was set to pull the trigger on a SRT392 last month and decided to wait and see what the MY15's look like, seeing as how we should be able to see them soon.

As was noted above, if 15's don't float my boat, there will be plenty of 14's on the lots should I miss the order desk.

·
Registered
247 Posts
As mentioned above,
Plus the shaker will be part of the line up - 5 different hoods have been mentioned

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
I wonder what modifications they will do ...

...to the motors in order to increase HP. And more importantly, will these changes be possible to the older motors. I hope so.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Nothing about the 15 is new, so I don't really understand the first year jitters. All of the new technology is currently available in other vehicles.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts