Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My hood alignment was bad on my white 2014 shaker with the driver side WIDE & pass. side narrow, the fender edge by the door where it wraps around the fron roof/windshield pillar was sticking out leaving a big gap. they sent it to a body shop who took 3 hours then said it was ready it look a little better but even with wider corner gaps at the top rubbed together and scraped paint from all 4 contact points on both sides. they took it back in and kept it overnight and I still have the wide/narrow gaps but not really that bad but I think they adjusted my fenders out a little. the first time they thought they had it the left side of the hood by the cold air filter box was arched up when the hood was latched, my left fender was sitting a little lower than the nose piece so the raised that so it was even and the arch disappeard 99% my hoods right side is a little higher than the fender all the way down . anyone else have hood fitmit issues ?
Bert

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mines not a shaker, but a white 100 th anniversary rt. And the hood, fender alignment is horrible. I messed with it some and got it to look better. Pass fender sticks up and drivers fender is below the front clip. It's like they just throw it on and call it good. Where's QC?

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker, 2010 Plum Crazy R/T Classic, 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
1,995 Posts
All four of my Challengers have/had pretty crappy fender gaps and alignments on the fronts and the rears.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Mine turned out really nice, pleasantly surprised. I had them pull it outside where I could check it out thoroughly before I took delivery. My only complaint was the job the lot boy did (not) cleaning it up.

My only complaint after two days and 400 miles is the driver side window seal allows wind noise.

Sorry you had issues, good luck.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
after putting 600 miles on mine, the gap on the hood is something I can live with and the fender door area is something I am getting used to and I have no wind noise after driving at highway speeds in a strong headwind which was something I was a little worried about but she is nice & quiet and no water leaks as it looks like dodge did a pretty good job on keeping water that gets inside the fender/door gaps out of the interior & door panel area, also something I am thankful for. the rubber piece that lays along the bottom of the windshield is not as tight against the glass after the body shop moved my fenders around a little to get the best alignment they could but I don't think that matters much as water goes over the top of it, but there are also open areas built into that piece where water would go anyway. all in all I think she is pretty good to go and with a dealership service dept. who is there for you with a service mgr who goes above & beyond the call of duty to make sure your happy I couldn't be happier. my challenger shaker after 600 miles a lot of curvy roads has proven she can really handle these with ease and very, very comfortable with the feel of that steering wheel, shaped like it is, and the suspension and power she feels like a rocket on rails ready to go. on a long drive around lake Tahoe with sunroof open, ( a sunroof was something I wouldn't have ordered & same with navigation BUT since I have it, I am GLAD it is there) each time I stopped for a rest or at a light someone would compliment the challenger & seeing the shaker hood, the compliments are even better then all the ones I got with my white R/T plus and THOSE were GOOD compliments too. when I got home, the feeling of contentment and pride that comes from owning this new 2014 shaker, I know I made the right decision on trading my 13 in. I see my 13 on the lot and even though the door/fender / roof pillar gaps on it are 100 % perfect, that hood gap issue on that one doesn't look as bad as I thought it did when I owned it. yeah, I made a very good decision with this shaker. I am trying to get some good pictures of it to post. Had I ordered this, I would have made the mistake of no sunroof, navigation, & stripes, but having these things, I am happy I found this one on the showroom floor fully optioned like it is. the bright white with black shaker and shaker stripes, sunroof and the shaker 20 in. wheels really make this challenger the best it can be. I really liked my 18 inch all season Michelins on my 13 and never thought I would like 20 inch wheels, those too, have changed my thinking as these 20inch wheels must add to the driving pleasure. soory for a long post but MAN AM I HAPPY WITH MY NEW SHAKER CHALLENGER !!!!!!!
Bert

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
after putting 600 miles on mine, the gap on the hood is something I can live with and the fender door area is something I am getting used to and I have no wind noise after driving at highway speeds in a strong headwind which was something I was a little worried about but she is nice & quiet and no water leaks as it looks like dodge did a pretty good job on keeping water that gets inside the fender/door gaps out of the interior & door panel area, also something I am thankful for. the rubber piece that lays along the bottom of the windshield is not as tight against the glass after the body shop moved my fenders around a little to get the best alignment they could but I don't think that matters much as water goes over the top of it, but there are also open areas built into that piece where water would go anyway. all in all I think she is pretty good to go and with a dealership service dept. who is there for you with a service mgr who goes above & beyond the call of duty to make sure your happy I couldn't be happier. my challenger shaker after 600 miles a lot of curvy roads has proven she can really handle these with ease and very, very comfortable with the feel of that steering wheel, shaped like it is, and the suspension and power she feels like a rocket on rails ready to go. on a long drive around lake Tahoe with sunroof open, ( a sunroof was something I wouldn't have ordered & same with navigation BUT since I have it, I am GLAD it is there) each time I stopped for a rest or at a light someone would compliment the challenger & seeing the shaker hood, the compliments are even better then all the ones I got with my white R/T plus and THOSE were GOOD compliments too. when I got home, the feeling of contentment and pride that comes from owning this new 2014 shaker, I know I made the right decision on trading my 13 in. I see my 13 on the lot and even though the door/fender / roof pillar gaps on it are 100 % perfect, that hood gap issue on that one doesn't look as bad as I thought it did when I owned it. yeah, I made a very good decision with this shaker. I am trying to get some good pictures of it to post. Had I ordered this, I would have made the mistake of no sunroof, navigation, & stripes, but having these things, I am happy I found this one on the showroom floor fully optioned like it is. the bright white with black shaker and shaker stripes, sunroof and the shaker 20 in. wheels really make this challenger the best it can be. I really liked my 18 inch all season Michelins on my 13 and never thought I would like 20 inch wheels, those too, have changed my thinking as these 20inch wheels must add to the driving pleasure. soory for a long post but MAN AM I HAPPY WITH MY NEW SHAKER CHALLENGER !!!!!!!
Bert
Nice to see you enjoying the Shaker Bert! I hope this one brings as many smiles to you as mine did to me over this past year!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I took delivery of my white shaker last weekend. The body panels are all aligned properly, the only disappointing thing was the lot detailer used some "wet tire" stuff and it has gotten all over the side and wheels. I was able to wash the car and clean the paint easily but it appears to have etched the wheels, I am going to spend some time this weekend to see if I can clean it off.

I have never owned a car that gets so many thumbs up. From teenagers to grandmas I get smiles.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts