Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a 14 Purple Shaker R/T with 2500 miles loaded. The dealer wants 37,999. They will not budge on price, what would be a fair price, its a 6 speed loaded options. They said it was going for 47,000 new, I asked them if they were smokin crack because that seems awfully high for a R/T with a shaker hood. I would like to have it but a used R/T for 38,000 just doesnt sound right. I know they are hard to get and there are not many of them.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Believe me im walking away at that price, I was just trying to talk them down and they kept saying that the shaker models were in the upper 40k range. I have had 3 R/T's so I was pretty sure they were BSing. I will watch it but they had beter drop it down alot to get me interested in a purchase.

·
Registered
2019 Challenger 1320
2,457 Posts
Cars.com has over 150 new shakers listed. The car was never $47K new. $38K used is way too much money. Walk away. There are new ones still out there, you just have to look around.
There's two '14 Shaker R/Ts nezr me, one of them a black Mopar '14 and both are stickered at $47K...

...and the dealer isn't budging on either (not that it matters to me). Of course, this dealer is also going to charge a premium on the Hell Cats it gets (it's one of the highest volume Viper dealers in my area), so...

...the price the OP quoted for a '14 Shaker is cheaper than anything around me...until the '15 Shakers start to come in I bet.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I paid $ 36,??? for a brand new one 3 weeks ago. It is a 6 Speed. The sticker was just under $ 42,000. I was unaware of the rebate or I would have haggled a little more.
I like the look of the '14 Shaker a LOT more than the 2015. I saw them at Woodward. The Shaker hood is killer looking and the '15 is blah, in my opinion.
Of course those buying will like the '15 better.
Hold your ground and look around.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts