Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a new sun sensor, 68230114AB, in the hopes of getting my headlights to only come on at night.

It looks like 68230114AB has the same functions as 68230114AA, 114AA being the one I've read is needed for autoheadlights to fully work.

The previous owner installed Fog Lights and along with it the Automatic Headlight and Fog Light switch.

Right now the lights come on with the car and go off with the car which from past threads led me to believe the car had been flashed for LMG, the auto headlights code, and only needed the new sensor to work fully as auto headlights.

Could it be that the car stills needs to go in and get flashed?

I'm not even sure if the fog lights work cause the previous owner also threw an HID kit on those, that doesn't work, and I'm planning to take that out and throw some halogens in to see if they even work.

Either way I'm planning on taking it in to get DRLs activated but I'd like to figure out if I need a different sun sensor and whether I need auto headlights - code LMG and fog lights code LNJ flashed as well.

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
8,485 Posts
IIRC, the addition of fog lights to a car that didnt cone with them would require a visit to dealership after hardware installed so they could enable the functionality in the car's computer. I suspect the same is true for adding the auto headlight functionality.

I can't speak to the validity of the codes you listed, but I would think the dealership techs would know, or have access to find, those if necessary. But i wouldn't bet my last $5 on that being the case, so it's best to go in prepared, I agree.

Reactions: ChrisX26

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
8,485 Posts
If the dealership service departments around you are like the ones here, you can go online and use their website to schedule the appointment before driving to the dealership and just waiting for them to get to your car.

If the dealerships there allow this, I would advise using it and spelling out what you want done in the appointment request. That way they can see what they're in for well before your arrival and call you back to discussdiauss any concerns or ask any questions tbey need to.

Reactions: ChrisX26

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I contacted two different dealerships and have yet to receive a call or email regarding me asking about having auto headlights, DRLs, and foglights flashed. I may have to call them instead of using their customer support email.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts