Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i just bought this car not even 2 weeks ago (would be 2 weeks in 2 days), and today it stops changing gears and doesnt work. Call the dealer and they tell me to take it in, and I do, driving 15 mile on the freeway, and come to find out the transmission is bad. Really?. I mean is there anything I can do about this. not even 2 weeks and a bad transmission. I do not want to be having continious problems with this car. I know the Lemon Law doesn't apply yet as I live in CA. What do you guys suggest I do?

·
Premium Member
7,322 Posts
Things can go wrong on even the finest cars. It's under warranty so let them fix it and install a new transmission if necessary. Don't despair, they'll make it right.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Best course of action is to give the dealer a chance to fix the tranny under warranty. Wouldn't hurt to call the 800# customer hotline to get Corporate involved, and you should be driving a free loaner while the tranny is being fixed/replaced.
These are Mercedez Benz units and generally pretty bulletproof.
Hopefully it gets resolved quickly and to your satisfaction. Keep us posted on the outcome.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
hope it get worked out

·
Registered
515 Posts
That's why they have a warranty. Let the dealer fix it. Chances are they'll swap in a new or reman transmission. The old one goes back to Chrysler so they can see what went wrong.

Don't lose faith yet.

·
Registered
12' Dodge Challenger
71 Posts
I'm sorry that this is your experience. That's a total inconvenience. I'm with Harbor, you should definitely get corporate involved to ensure whatever resolution that comes about is one you're happy with. You should even see if they'll throw in some add-ons for the inconvenience! Not sure if you have the SXT or SXT Plus, but I'm sure they can throw in some perks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Sorry to hear about your troubles , but it happens to us all . My best friend has a coworker who had the same thing happen two days after he bought his , they fixed it then he traded it for something else. Me had mine for a month and had to get the water pump replaced , bearings were making a noise. But hey I bought all the warranty and extra warranty life time stuff so they'll keep making it right on their dime all's good.

·
Registered
12' Dodge Challenger
71 Posts
So i just bought this car not even 2 weeks ago (would be 2 weeks in 2 days), and today it stops changing gears and doesnt work. Call the dealer and they tell me to take it in, and I do, driving 15 mile on the freeway, and come to find out the transmission is bad. Really?. I mean is there anything I can do about this. not even 2 weeks and a bad transmission. I do not want to be having continious problems with this car. I know the Lemon Law doesn't apply yet as I live in CA. What do you guys suggest I do?
Update?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts