Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I am looking to put a spoiler on my 2014 SXT. I just feel like it doesn't look right without it and i would really like to put it on.

I am looking at spoilers on CarID at this URL 2014 Dodge Challenger Spoilers at CARiD.com

i am just wondering what the best one to buy is? and how much it would be to have it installed from experience?

the dealership wants to charge something like $2000 total to do the whole thing and i feel like thats a little outrageous.

Thank you for all responses

·
Registered
2011 Dodge Challenger SE
335 Posts
You have to be willing to drill five holes in your deck lid, and will likely need some special tools (that aren't expensive). Center punch, and some conical drill bits. The holes on each side are easy, as there are guide openings you can see from the bottom... But in the middle three are a bit tricky, and the template is good, but not great.

It was probably $30 or less in tools (I already owned a drill), and $150 or so for the pre-painted spoiler. Total time with prepping and drilling and mounting was about an hour.

Now, three years later, the paint started failing the spoiler and it was cheaper to put on another repainted spoiler than paint the old one I had installed. With the second spoiler, the middle didn't *quite* touch the deck lid, so the tape couldn't make contact. I ended up removing it and filling the gap with a bunch of clear silicon sealant and reinstalling so water doesn't get int there.

So be aware that the pre-painted spoiler can have paint failure (and I'm religious about caring for my paint), and that any given spoiler might not *quite* fit properly.

·
Premium Member
3,015 Posts
I agree with the advice given above.

I did it myself. It was scary, but I pulled it off. The thing is, I bought one on E-Bay that was painted gloss black. My car is a 2013, but I see no signs of fading. My car isn't garage kept either.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Bought a pre-painted one from ebay. First I installed it with only the two outer bolts. On a hot day the center of the lip spoiler would bow up in the hottest part of the day. (looked pretty silly) I took it to a body shop to have it installed properly and they charged me $65.00. Just ask around.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts