Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know 2013 tune just came out, and I am not here to whine when 2014 will get done. Just a basic question: Is the 2014 PCM locked differently then the 2013? In other words will it take just as long (roughly this time next year) to crack 2014 or are the PCMs similar enough that it should be quicker?

Reason I ask is I saw another thread around the forums here on someone suggesting that you can swap a 2013 PCM into a 2014 and then you can now tune since you guys just got 2013 done, which led me to wonder if things are that "similar" code wise that it would be so simple to swap it out and work.

Not that I intend to do that, more of a process question to you guys...how the sausage is made :)

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
8,537 Posts
If you can just swap to a 2013 PCM that might make for a good solution, although a bit more expensive than just buying a tuner it's better than no option.

·
Registered
http://www.dragtimes
1,899 Posts
Was it something else, maybe a crank sensor? Guess I could go back and search, but I didn't think you could just do the swap without messing with other components.
11 & 12s are the same.
You can use a 12 on a 13 with a crank sensor.
14s may be the same as the 13s (ECU and hardware wise) so I would expect tuners for 14s to be a lot shorter to market than it took for the 13s.

1,931 Posts
Was it something else, maybe a crank sensor? Guess I could go back and search, but I didn't think you could just do the swap without messing with other components.

The 13 to 12 requires a crankcase sensor...not sure what a 2014 to 2013 would rquire...it may even be better to go 14 to 12....but I didn't mean to make this sound like a "plug & play"...would require tuning and other parts/adjustment by a competent tuner/tech....

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
8,537 Posts
I'm not seeing tuning yet for 2014 392 Challengers on the Diablo web site. I see they have it for the 2014 5.7 Hemi and for the Jeep with the 392 but nothing yet for the Challenger. If you pick say the Trinity on their web site and enter 2014 and Challenger the only option that comes up is for the 5.7 motor.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts